Helpless

A/N: My goal for the previous chapter was to reel you into the story more. So if I achieved that goal, yay me! I hope my descriptive writing was good enough. Welcome to chapter five. I actually might reach my goal of ten chapters. 

I unbuckle my seat belt and flip myself right-side up again. Since the car's upside-down, I sit down on the roof with the car seats hanging above me. My arms feel wet. I pull up my sort of ripped sleeves and notice bleeding cuts on my arms from the glass shards. The cuts aren't too bad-nothing serious. But still, they hurt.

I roll my sleeves down again and shiver. It's super cold in the car from the broken windows allowing the freezing air inside.

I haven't heard a sound from Jack since we crashed. I decide to make sure he's okay. Sure, he kidnapped me and is planning to sell me to some other creep, but I should help him anyways. I mean, we just crashed.

"Jack?" I say softly. I look up by the driver's seat and I find Jack. He's dangling in his seat still upside-down. Cuts are across his face and hands, just like mine.

"Jack," I say again. Something's wrong. He doesn't answer. He doesn't move either, yet his eyes are open. I gasp with a hand over my mouth to keep from screaming again. He's dead. Stone cold dead.

A lump forms in my throat, so even if I wanted to scream, I couldn't. My heart beat speeds up, threatening to burst in my chest. I'll call for help, yes. Everything's gonna be okay. I don't have my phone on me but odds are Jack has his.

I stretch my arm out towards Jack, but then I quickly retract it. I'm not touching a dead corpse. But, how else can I get help? I have to get his phone or I'll be dead, too. I bite my lip and reach my hand out again. I search through his pockets and I eventually find his phone in his hoodie pocket. I pull it out and frown. The screen is shattered.

"Plenty of phones with shattered screens still work," I tell myself. I try to stay as calm as I can while I press the circular button below the screen to turn it on. Nothing happens. I press the button again, a bit harder this time, and an icon of a battery flashes on the screen with '0%' inside it. Why does his phone have to be dead, too!? I throw the useless device on the roof (which is technically the floor in this situation) in frustration. What do I do now? I have a dead guy in the car with me, I have no way to get help, it's freezing cold outside, and Daniel has no idea where I am. My eyes fill with tears. I never wanted this to happen. This wasn't suppose to happen. This was suppose to be a calm, quiet dinner with Daniel. I'll never trust strangers ever again.

A cold gust of wind blows into the car with flurries of snow flakes. I shiver and my teeth begin to chatter.

I'm so mad at Jack. He just had to be a jerk and stuff me in his stupid car. The tears that fill my eyes flow down my face now. I unbuckle Jack's seat belt and he falls to the floor. I don't care about him any more. I rip his hoodie off of him and I unzip my jacket. I put his green hoodie on me and I zip my warm jacket up again over it. I then lift both hoods over my head to keep my head warm. I read somewhere on the Internet that most of your heat escapes from your head and feet, so I should keep them both bundled up the best I can.

I feel a little less cold with two coats on now. I wish I had gloves, though. Jack doesn't have any on him that I can use, so I stuff my hands in my pockets and shiver. Why did this have to happen? I have no idea what to do in this situation.

All I can do is hug my knees to my chest and helplessly sob.

A/N: I'm having a hard time planning what should happen next, so give me some time to think. Check back in a day or so if you want to read chapter six. Sorry I'm letting you leave off on a chapter that's a downer. Go read something silly. ;)