They Tell Me Their Names

A/N: Chapter nine has arrived! I hope the idea of her finding a house was okay. I honestly had no other ideas for Tracy being rescued. Well, enjoy this chapter! (I feel like I said that a bazillion times)

My muscles are still tight from the cold. It will take me a while to warm up again. In a minute or so, the woman comes back from the kitchen with a hot cup of cocoa just for me. She must have made some for her daughters not too long ago and had some left on the stove.

"There you go," she says with a soothing voice. She hands me the mug and I take it.

"Thank you so much," I say weakly and I clutch the mug. The warm mug feels so good against my cold hands. The woman grabs a blanket from a nearby rocking chair and she wraps it around me. I thank her again as she sits down beside me.

"So," she begins. "What were you doing out there?" I take a small sip from my cup of cocoa to warm my throat before I speak.

"Well..." I trail off. "I was in a car crash."

"Really?" the woman says in shock.

"Mmhm. The car ended up up-side down, I left my phone at home, and I was in the middle of no where." I leave out the part when I got kidnapped and the part when Jack died.

"Oh, that's awful," the lady says sympathetically. "Should I call someone to get your car?"

Oh, yeah. Someone has to take care of that eventually.

"It's fine," I say, even though it's not. "I'll just call my boyfriend. Do you mind if I borrow your phone Ms..." I trail off once more.

"Call me Catherine," she tells me. "And sure. My phone's on the counter. I'll go get it for you." Catherine stands up and hurries back into the kitchen. I smile. She barely knows me yet she's so nice. The two little girls race back up the steps and see me in the living room.

"Hi," the younger girl says. I think she's about four years old. The older one is probably seven.

"Hello," I greet before I take another sip of my cocoa. The little girls come sit down by me.

"I'm Haley," the youngest girl tells me.

"That's a wonderful name," I smile. I look to the other little girl. "What's your name?" I ask her with a soft voice. I can tell she's a little shy.

"Macy," she answers.

"Hey, that rhymes with my name. I'm Tracy," I reply. I get Macy to smile. It does have a nice ring to it: Tracy and Macy.

"You look funny," Haley giggles. My eyebrows scrunch together.

"How so?" I ask.

"Your hair is wet," Macy explains.

"And your nose and cheeks are very red," Haley adds.

"And your skin is pale."

"And you're shivering."

The girls go back and forth about how weird I look. No wonder Catherine dropped her mug in shock. These two girls are basically telling me I look like I just rose from the dead.

"Okay, that's enough," I finally stop them. Catherine walks back into the room with her phone.

"Found it!" she says. "I have no idea how it ended up in the cupboard." The two girls snicker.

"Your daughters..." I begin, "are just buckets of sunshine."

"Thank you," Catherine replies. "Here." she hands me her phone and I take it. I take another swig of my cocoa before setting it down on the coffee table in front of me. There's a place mat on the table so the mug doesn't leave a ring where it's been placed.

Catherine leads her daughters out of the living room for me to make the phone call. I tap the little icon of a phone on the screen and the screen flashes into a keypad with numbers.

I take a deep breath and begin to punch in Daniel's phone number.

A/N: Aw, Catherine's so nice, and her daughters are just lovely! :> Tracy's making the call. Ooh~ what will happen next?? Chapter ten (*gasp* I reached my goal!) is coming soon.