Sweet Little Human

You've watched the news, or documentaries, of people telling their stories about how they were kidnapped. They'll say they started to lose hope of ever being found, the longer they were in there. I wasn't losing hope. I KNEW they'd find me, and that was the worst part.

Being down in that cellar, I started to get a glimpse of the horrific strength, violence and brutality of these two creatures who held me captive. I stayed huddled in the corner of the cellar after that first day, after he'd grabbed my neck, because I decided I didn't need anymore injuries. They brought food everyday, and I'll admit it wasn't like you'd imagine. The food I was given wasn't scraps, or tiny portions, it was generally a full meal, or something substantial anyway, mostly crap that you could pick up from the store inside the gas station, but I'd take it, I didn't care. At first, this confused me, but I realised that they didn't really know what they were doing.

Damien proved to be the most violent one of the two brothers, never holding back his thoughts on how he wanted to rip me to shreds. His brother was never there, really, always out doing something. It was after what could have been days of being there that I finally plucked up the courage to ask him what he was doing when he left.

"A message," alorec explained to me, glancing down at me like I was the dirt on the bottom of his shoe. I was too tired to glare back. He was strolling casually from one side of the room to the other, as if bored. Damien had left a while back to 'hunt' and that very word sent violent tremors down my spine. It was probably the fact that Damien wasn't there that gave me the courage to speak, because Alorec wasn't AS awful, at least. He hadn't laid a hand on me yet.

"For what?" I asked through a gulp of the water bottle they'd brought that morning. My throat burned a little still from when Damien had grabbed me, but I was too thirsty to care.

Alorec turned to glance at me, still striding across the stone floor. "The real question is for WHO, my dear human." He chuckled darkly, and I narrowed my eyes slightly.

"Alright then, for who..?" I frowned at him, but I was pretty sure I already knew the answer, and it made my heart hurt. I could see Jacobs face, I could see them hurting him, making him sad, and it made me want to scream. Our stupid little fight felt like nothing now; irrelevant.

"You already know the answer, now, don't you? Don't play games with me." He shook his head, tutting a little as if he was scolding a child.

I was sure my eyes were full of desperation. "Y-you don't have to hurt them." I whined. "Please. Don't. I'm not that important..." I insisted, doing my best to sound believable.

To my complete surprise, Alorec threw his head back and let out a loud laugh. "Oh, sweet human, don't be so ridiculous. They're creatures of evil, and they must be punished."

Creatures of evil. EVERYTHING about that phrase was wrong, and I wanted to march over and scream all of my reasons in his cold, hard face. My boys?! Evil?! All I could see my mind was Jacobs smiling face, Embry and Paul laughing, teasing, play fighting, and I felt tears form in my eyes as I watched this man, this CREATURE, laugh at my reaction.

"Aww," Alorec hummed, a low chuckle escaping his cold lips. "Missing your mutts?"

I ground my teeth together and glared at him. I'd been trying, for as long as I'd been there, to keep my mouth shut, and not to fuel their fire, not to make them any more determined to destroy my boys. And yet, my lips were already moving and the words were flowing out. "They'll rip you to shreds." I spat at him, and let out an unstoppable scream as I heard - and felt - my bones crunching underneath his foot when he stood on my fingers.