Malleus Maleficarum Pt. 3

I wanted to just turn around and run, but it wasn't possible with a moose walking directly behind me and an angry older brother in front. Dean was the first to walk into the hotel room I had booked and switched on the light as Sam and I followed right behind him.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Dean finally asked

"What?! What the hell was I thinking?"

"She's a demon Selina, period alright. They want us dead, we want them dead,"

"Oh, that funny; because last I checked...I am a demon! You don't want me dead or else you wouldn't have sold your soul in the first place!"

"Yeah, well you don't string me along like a fish on a hook,"

"No one's stringing me along. Look, I know it's dangerous, that she is dangerous, but like it or not, she is useful,"

"No, we kill her before she kills us,"

"Kill her with what? The gun she fixed for us?"

"Whatever works,"

"Dean, if she wants us dead, all she has to do is stop saving our lives."

Dean turned away from me and went to the sink turning on the water. I looked at Sam for help, but he only shook his head.

I turned back to Dean "Look, we have to start looking at the big picture Dean, start thinking in strategies and-and moves ahead."

Dean splashed water on his face.

"It's not so simple, we're not-we're not just hunting anymore, we're at war,"

Dean turned off the water and looked at me in the mirror above the sink, grabbed a towel to dry off his face and turned back around to me. "Are you feeling okay?"

I rolled my eyes and leaned against the wall as Sam sat on the foot of one of the beds in the room, and Dean moved back towards us. "Because you're taking advice from a demon. And by the way, you seem less and less worried about offing people. You know, it used to eat you up inside,"

"Yeah, and what has that gotten me?"

"I'm-I'm-I'm worried, Selina-" Dean moved and sat down in a chair facing me "I'm worried because you're not acting like yourself,"

"Yeah, you're right, I'm not. I don't have a choice,"

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Look, Dean, you're leaving-right? And I gotta stay here in this craphole of a world. Alone." I looked at Sam "no offense." I looked back and Dean "So the way I see it, if I'm gonna make it, if I'm gonna fight this war after you're gone, then I gotta change,"

"Change into what?"

I threw my hands up as I stood up fully "Maybe it's time to let the monster out..." I looked over at Dean and saw him clutching his stomach and side with his left and his face was in pain "What's going on with you?"

"I don't know." he bent over gasping "Oh something's wrong-bunch of knives inside of me-"

"Dean?" Sam asked worriedly. Sam moved off the bed and kneeled in front of Dean who was now leaning all the way forward with his head almost between his legs.

"Son of a bitch-"

"Dean, hey,"

I looked at Sam "The coven, it's gotta be the coven,"

"Don't worry," Sam got up and rushed into the bathroom.

I helped Dean lie back on the bed, his face still twisting in pain. Dean leaned forward again falling to his knees in front of the foot of the bed, spitting out blood, choking and sputtering.

"Selina, I can't find it,"

Dean fell over sideways and looked weak and hurt and still in pain.

"No." I finally said as I rummaged through Dean's bag and pulled out the Colt and opened it to make sure there were bullets in it.

"Selina, what are you doing?" Dean asked

I got up and moved toward the door.

"Selina!"

I left closing the door behind me.

"Selina!"

***

I kicked in the door of the Van Allen house, the three women screaming out of fear as they got up from the altar raising their hands in surrender. I entered the room with the Colt drawn. "Let him go,"

"Let who go?" Renee asked "What are you doing? You're insane, get out!"

"Look, if you know about me, then you know about this gun. You're killing my brother. Now let him go. Get away from the altar,"

"What?"

"Now!"

They all moved away from the altar their hands still up as I kept the Colt trained on them.

"Go,"

The three women moved over in front of the fireplace with their hands still up in the air.

"What-we-we weren't hurting anyone," Elizabeth cried

"Please, we don't even know your brother," Renee said

"Stop the spell, or die." I threatend. "Five seconds,"

"What?"

I cocked the gun and pointed it back at them. "Four,"

"No, please, please don't kill us,"

"We were just getting Renee a lower mortgage rate!" Elizabeth cried.

I looked confused but still held the gun ready. "Okay, maybe it's not you-" I pointed the gun at Elizabeth "-or you." I pointed the gun at Renee this time "Maybe it's you," I pointed the gun at Tammi who sobbed, upset and scared.

"I don't even know what she's talking about. What a-re you even talking about?" Tammi sobbed.

"I mean, all of you, everyone in your little coven, you've all had runs of good fortune. Newsworthy good fortune. Except for you, Tammi. Now tell me, why is that? You didn't want anything for yourself? Or is it because you're already getting what you wanted-like these women's souls,"

"I can't-I-I'm not-I-I-I don't..." Tammi sighed and put her hands down, going from looking frightened to calm and her eyes changed to black revealing that she was the demon Ruby warned me about. The other women gasped, looking shocked. "Nice dick work, Magnum,"

"Let. My brother. Go,"

"What's wrong? Couldn't find my hex bag? Sorry, sweetheart, but your brother's lungs should be on the floor by now,"

I shot the Colt. The bullet slowed as Tammi lifted up her hand. The bullet lost momentum, slowed, stopped, and fell to the floor.

Elizabeth gasped.

"You're in a lot of trouble, Selina,"