CHAPITRE UN

CHAPTER ONE

CRUDE NATURE

×××××

"Healing is one thing. Forgetting is another."

×

×

××××

JUNE 1989

“I do have friends.
They’re gradually increasing.
Though, there’s something else that never ends;
what is this hollowness that I’m feeling?”

JUNO SIGHED AS SHE SCRIBBLED THOSE WORDS ON HER SOCIAL STUDIES TEXTBOOK. It has been eight months since she came out from the hospital after getting a concussion from the fall by the curb. The old woman, who saw her passed out by the side of her house, mentioned how her skin was pale and cold as ice when she came to the girl's aid. The lady also told her about the pool of blood that was on the flood by the road, asking if she could remember what happened.

That is when the hard part came: she couldn’t remember clearly. She could only make out blurry figures on her head, since she had a minor amnesia due to her harsh fall. There was no sound; she couldn’t remember the words she said nor the words the person was saying that time. Though, the young girl was determined to remember and to see to it that the authorities know, especially her father, who was hellbent on keeping her homeschooled after the incident.

On that certain point of her life, she became close with Bill Denbrough, who heard of what happened. His family was told that Georgie was last found by the side of the road, the same place where Juno was found. This prompt the boy to ask her questions, but seeing that she was incapable of remembering, He became a part of the group, formed by her father and her so-called therapist, that tried to help her remember.

It took a while to bring back the necessary information in her head. Which is why she's back in school, or what most kids refer as their day-to-day nightmare. Through the rest of the months within the campus, and sometimes beyond, she was given some 'special treatment' by the bullies, also known as the dickweeds of the land. They did most of their work away from her sight, especially the spawn of the devil himself, Henry Bowers, and his minions.

Juno, without knowing, was given a free pass for the rest of the school year in terms of the presence of the Bowers' Gang and Greta Keene. While at it, they made sure to pick on the rest of the student body, namely Richie Tozier, Stanley Uris and Eddie Kaspbrak. Greta seemed to have taken a liking in tormenting a girl named Beverly Marsh, who gained quite a reputation that Juno ignored and thought was rubbish.