CHAPITRE QUATRE

CHAPTER FOUR

MIRROR, MIRROR

×××××

“Who're the victims of them all?”

×××××

JUNE 1989

“THANKS GUYS.” BEN SAID, PULLING DOWN THE MUDDY AND BLOODIED SHIRT THAT HE HAD. "I would've been infected already if it weren't for all of you." The boy was so exhausted that he had to rest himself by the wall of the building behind him. With all the running and the pain, he thought that a needed rest was mandatory.

Eddie nodded, his hands moved in accordance with his exaggerating thoughts. "Good thing we saw you. Or else, you won't like it when you get to the point when the infection spreads-- and then--" Before he went off the barrier, Juno was there to bring him back to his place. "Whoa, whoa. Easy there, Tiger. He's still alive, that's what matters at this point." She gave the chubby boy a smile as she patted his shoulder.

"Yeah. Otherwise, he'll probably be around the ditch with Lanky Doodle Bowers." Richie said, earning another slap on the back of his head from the young Divina. "Dude!" The boy with glasses nudged the hypochondriac one. "You seriously need to control your girlfriend. Like--seriously."

No one corrected him on the title; Eddie and Juno didn't want to or minded. "Anyways, I'll make sure Butch knows about this." Juno said, mostly addressing Ben. "Wait. You're close with his dad?" Stan asked, making her grimace. "Well, if you say it that way, it sounds odd. But yes, I have my connections." The girl replied.

"S-s-o, you must b-b-be the reason why B-B-Bowers had an argument w-with his d-d-dad." Bill thoughtfully stated. "It seems to be." Divina responded. "I mean, I just told his father that he was bullying Eddie the other day while you guys were on another class. Whatever happens after that isn't mine to decide."

"So, you're a snitch then." Richie concluded, his eyes became bigger due to his glasses. Juno turned to look at him and gave the boy a nod. "Yes, Richie. I'm a snitch, as most people would refer."

"Wicked." Tozier chuckled, nudging Kaspbrak for no specific reason. "I wish you could see everything that Bowers does so you could tell his dad. One day, the news headline would be "Bowers' Son, was grounded because he had a wang shorter than Richie Tozier."

"Beep beep, Richie!"

"What?" The boy looked at everyone's unamused expressions. "It'll make everyone's day! I'm sure of that!"