quatro

{joey}
as charles and i are on our way back for shopping and having lunch, i decide to text bella.

me
how's my bella boo doing??
-delivered

i turn off my phone and look at charles.

"have you heard anything from bella?" he asks me and i shake my head.

"i just texted her."

he nods, "yeah, i did too like twenty minutes ago."

i laugh. "why would i know and you didn't then??"

he smirks. "because she prefers you duh." he chuckles and i roll my eyes and playfully punch his shoulder.

"shut up charles." i laugh and he smiles at me.

"no thanks."

as we listen to the radio, i look out the window as the rain pours down outside.

we get to my house and i go to my room as my phone buzzes.

bella boo👼🏻💖
i'm not any better😕 i already told charles the plan but basically imma go home and nap. thanks for checking up though.
me
awh i'm sorry bell:(
bella boo👼🏻💖
eh. i'm ok:)
me
feel better 💓
bella boo👼🏻💖
trying:/
me
:((((

"hey dude, bell texted me back." i say to him, showing him my phone.

he nods.

"yeah, me too."

i look over his shoulder and read their conversation as he faces the screen my way.

bell🔔
thanks bud. still feel really bad tho:'( . think i'm gonna go home and take a nap so if y'all wanna come over just be quiet please. :)
me
okay sounds good. i'll be there
bell🔔
k me, sophie & MADY will b there;)
me
sHUT uP

i smirk at him.

"when are you gonna tell mady that you're MADLY in love with her." i tease and his cheeks turn pink and he raises an eyebrow.

"when you tell bella that you fell in love with her when you were seven."

my face heats up and i look away biting my lip.

"shut up charles." i laugh slightly, as i can feel my heart beating faster at his words.

"when you tell bella that you fell in love with her when you were seven." echoes in my mind.

charles taps my shoulder.

"joey, bella and the girls are at her house now, we can head over. said she went in her room and went straight to sleep."

i get up and throw on my shoes.

"okay let's head over there."

{}

i walk in the house as i can hear a show playing in the living room, while the rest of the house is pretty much quiet.

sophie and mady look up at me and smile.

"hey, we got here about 25 minutes ago."

i nod.

"is bella upstairs?"

they nod and charles sits down beside mady and i wiggle my eyebrows at him.

his face reddens and he glares at me and i laugh walking up the stairs towards bella's vanilla scented room.

her door is cracked and i open it, as my light footsteps trace across her carpet.

i pull off my yeezys and put them on the floor near her closet, and look at her.

she's bundled up in her gray comforter, with her favorite yellow blanket beside her that i bought her for her birthday. her hair is spread around the pillows, and her face is paler than usual. poor thing.

i sit on the bed beside her, and touch her hand, which is really warm.

i kiss her on her forehead, and my lips feel warm.

i touch my hand to her forehead. she's burning up.

her eyes start to flutter open, and i smile at her as she meets my gaze.

"hey." she weakly smiles, and my heart breaks listening to her weak voice.

"hey bell. i think you have a fever." i smile at her.

she shakes her head. "i'm fine." she says snuggling into the covers.

"bell, you have a fever i felt your forehead."

"okay." she says, and i get up.

"which medicine do you need?" i ask, walking towards the door.

"joey, you don't have to."

"but i want to."

"it's red, it's in the cabinet in the bathroom."

i go and fix her the right portion and give it to her.

"thanks." she smiles, and my face heats up and i look away.

i get up to walk out, as bella calls my name softly.

"joey?" she asks.

"mmhm?" i turn around, licking my lips.

"will you stay with me?" she asks, her tired eyes becoming weak.

yes! score joey!

"of course." i smile, and she flashes her teeth right back, her purple braces showing.

i climb in bed beside her as i wrap my arms around her torso, and i feel her cuddle in closer to me.

"wait, i don't want to get you sick." she says, trying to wiggle free of my arms, and i chuckle.

"bells, you know i don't care." i say, my grip still tight.

"i know." she snuggles in close to me again, and i shut my eyes as charles' words from earlier swirl around in my mind.

"when you tell bella that you fell in love with her when you were seven."