seis

{joey}
"nah i'm just playing, but go look in the backyard."

she rolls her eyes at me and lightly walks to the backyard, and her blue eyes grow wide as she scans the sight in front of her.

her hands fly to her mouth in amazement and she locks eyes with charles, tears glistening in her eyes.

"you guys didn't have to do this." she grins, and charles smiles at her.

"it was all joeys idea." charles smirks, while sophia and mady giggle behind him.

my cheeks turn scarlet and i️ scratch the back of my neck. "n-no I mean c-charles helped me ou-" I start, but her arms wrap so tightly around my torso and she squeals.

"thank you thank you thank you!!" she sighs, and a grin flashes across my face and I wrap my arms around her tiny waist.

"your welcome, beautiful." I respond, and immediately regret the last word that fell out of my mouth.

good job joey.

she smiles at me and quickly looks away.

my cheeks still red, I walk into the cold night air with a goofy grin still stuck to my face.

we made a tent close to the deck and hooked up a small TV and string lights around it, and all of her favorite candies were in a bowl in the tent.

she grabbed my hand and pulled me into the tent, a smile taking up her whole face.

"I can't believe you did this for me." she whispers.

I watch her smile and talk to mady and the smile never leaves her face.

and it makes me so happy that I was the one to put it on her face.

she looks at me and giggles.

"do you want some sour patch?" she laughs, and I smile, nodding.

"but only.."

"the GREEN ONES I know joseph." she winks, and I bit my lips to keep from goofily smiling because of it.

"hey watch it, isabella."

"I hate you." she grins, handing me green sour patch kids.

"I love you too."

she looks down at her lap, and I grab a blanket.

"wanna share?" I say, getting close to her.

"sure." she shrugs, as she looks at charles, who's on the opposite side of the tent as me.

(order they are in : charles, sophia, mady, bella, joey)

"MOTHER CAN YOU PASS ME THE GUMMY WORMS????" she screams, and he laughs.

"YES DAUGHTER!!!" charles screams back and she laughs hysterically as mady slides in the movie.

she stops laughing abruptly and grabs her side.

"ugh!!" she screams, and lays down on my chest, and my heart rate increases, it's beating so fast i'm suprised it's not coming up my throat.

"jojo, can u get me some chocolate?"

my heart beats faster, if that's even possible, at the nickname, and nod, not being able to speak my throat is so dry.

how is she doing this to me?

over a nickname??

I get up and grab the ice cream out of the fridge and as soon as I shut the door mady is right there behind it, making me jump.

"MADY JEEZ!" I scream and she shushes me.

"YOU MADE BELLA BLUSH." she whispers screams, and pink explodes in my cheeks.

"n-no I didn't I didn't even do anything." I deny, and she scoffs.

"when you called her beautiful and she looked away her face was BEAT RED joey." she rolls her eyes.

"whatever." I say walking out of he kitchen, my cheeks burning.

"you're welcome." she calls after me as I walk outside, and sit down beside her again.

"here." I hand her the ice cream container and a spoon.

"thank you baby cakes." she grins, and my stomach does flip flops and my cheeks warm up again, and charles meets my eyes, his eyes widening, along with sophia's, and mady's.

"w-what?" I manage, and she smiles.

"you're my baby cakes now, k?" she says happily and I try so hard no to scream of happiness because she was so freaking adorable.

"s-sure. okay baby." I respond, and she laughs.

oh my god.

that laugh.

I mean I call her nicknames all the time, but recently she's reacted differently.

charles nudges my shoulder and points to her as she faces the screen, and mouths "GET SOME!!"