『 Midnight Meeting 』

∘???

Harry's pov:

          Come on. I bit the inside of my lip, eyes in a staring contest with the old clock resting on the wall. God could time move fast just this once?

10:59

10:59

10:59

11:00

Finally.

          I ran behind the bar counter, reaching under and shuffling my hand across a rack until I was met with keys. I plucked them off the hook and quickly turned, grabbing my hoodie and throwing it over my head, tugging down the soft, worn fabric. I slung my bag over my right shoulder and headed straight to the door. My eyes took in the room one last time. The small restaurant was completely empty. All the tables had been wiped clean and all of the liquor was organized behind the bar. I shoved the key into the door, locking it and flipped the switch to the lights before exiting the building. The only thing left on where the neon signs hanging in the windows

"Millers restaurant/bar"

"Cocktails and dreams"

"Happy hour"

          I had always loved the way the fluorescent light looked at this hour. The signs illuminated the dark streets of London in such an interesting array of colors, but the light quickly faded behind me, turning to the intense white of the street lamps as I took long strides down the sidewalk. The air felt paper thin. It seemed it didn't matter what season it was, London always had bitter nights. My head was shifted downwards, hands stuffed into my hoodie pocket along with my phone. I pulled it out, checking the time.

11:08

           I took a quick breath in and continued down the street, picking up a faster pace. Please oh please still be there. I looked up now, taking in the nightlife of the city. Shops were closing their doors while clubs where just opening theirs up. Everyone seemed so eager. Eager to get where they wanted to be...just like me.

          Girls in far too high heels stumbled around, wanting nothing more than to find the right club to loose themselves in.  Men followed, in search of a pub to invade. Cars flew by, caring little about the journey and looking only towards the destination....and then there was me. My feet seemed separate from my body, taking on the responsibility of finding my own destination. I needed to get there. I needed to see him. It wasn't a want but a need, I needed him. He knows I'm coming...right?

         Yet again I picked up the pace, turning sharp corners  which led me off of the busy streets. The stars were out and for a second I almost relaxed. I need to get there. I need to show him the stars. I pulled out my phone again.

11:15

          Worry was all over my face I could just tell. I clenched my jaw and continued to walk. There was a cold breeze dancing through the sky, leaving any bare skin cold. I shoved my hands back into my hoodie, trying hard to convince myself that he had in fact stayed for me. That I was good enough to hold his time.

          My feet were scuffing against the hard pavement as I walked. My eyes scanned over every crack, every imperfection the cement had in an attempt to ease my mind. My eyes caught a glimpse of my feet, locking onto my worn out converse high tops. They were old, covered in dirt and tearing in places shoes probably shouldn't... but I liked them that way. It gave them character. It allowed me to recall memories, wild nights and happy days. And most importantly they reminded me of him...but didn't everything?

          Yes, it seemed that absolutely everything reminded me of him. Somehow even something as simple as the wind reminded me of him tonight. It spoke, and it's words were his. Every noise it made belonged to him. I swear I could make out my name. He was surely saying my name.