Chapter 2: She's your what!?!

"C-can...can I take your picture?"

I stared at her for a few moments. She didn't reply for a while and the silence was killing me. Feeling my cheeks and ears burn up from embarrassment I began to pick up my camera and things with my free hand.

"Never mind, sorry, that was weird of me to ask. I'll just leave, I got school and-" I rambled and tried making my around her.

"No wait" she grabbed me by my good arm and silently pleading me not to leave with her eyes.

"Sorry, yes" she sighed. "I'll let you take my picture" she answered, I have no idea why that made me happy. I quickly pulled up my polaroid camera, and scanned the area for place.

"Um..." I didn't know her name, god what kind of person am I, I didn't ask for her name.

"Blake" she said noticing my struggle.

"Um Blake, can you please stand by the book shelves" I asked while she smiled and went over to were I instructed her.

"Do you want me to act normal or just stand here?" She asked gesturing with her arms.

"Um pretend you're grabbing a book" I crouched/squat on the ground and watched her smile to herself threw the lens. I took the picture, and the picture was great but it didn't seem fulfilling, I placed it on the table letting it develop in the natural light. Also the flash was on. Quickly flipping it off and got ready to take another, I noticed she was paying attention to me.

"Another one please, just look like you're reading" I called to her and she smiled before turning and flipping a page. She looked calm, peaceful and in complete serenity. She's perfect, she's beauty, she's grace. I quickly captured the moment before it was gone (see picture above). The film processed and printed, waving it in the air a few times before setting it on the table.

"Was that good?" She came up behind me while I was admiring the picture. My heart raced when I turned to see her smile reaching her eyes, I blushed so hard my ears started to burn.

"Y-yeah it was P-perfect" I replied stuttering and returning her smile. "Thank you" I quickly added.

"No problem, hopefully you're not some kind of pervert who is just interested in my picture" she chuckled.

Now, I know she was joking, but still I freaked out like the idiot I am. And also a rumor started about me.

"W-what!?!?!?! N-no that was not at all my intention, I honestly needed a picture for my film/photography class today, trust me I'm not some freak. Plus if I honestly was I wouldn't be some pervert, I'll simply would admire my subject because if was just that perfect, well you are perfect but thats besides the point. i'm not a pervert" I rambled on too scared she might get the wrong idea, also hope she wouldn't think of me badly like everyone else who knows of me and that god damn awful rumor. She seem shocked that I can speak so fast with one breath.

"Whoa, Riley calm down, you know I was just kidding" she cut in before I can ramble on anymore. I gave her a nervous look while she had the cutest grin plastered on her face.

"S-sorry I didn't register it as a joke.." I looked down at the floor avoiding all eye contact with her.

"Well, I have to get going I got school" I tried moving around her but she stopped me once again.

"Wait you're in high school, right" Blake asked me, I nodded my head waiting if she was continuing.

"Awesome, I'll be attending central high school, and I was hoping you can give me directions. Because I'm new and all." I knew she was new to this small town, also she's attending the same high school as me. Great, now she'll see how big of a nobody I am.