Chapter 3: Panic

'I turned my head to my door, maybe it's Rowan trying to invite me to hang out again. I huffed and stomped to the door, swinging it open. I opened my mouth before realizing I was just in my sports bra and shorts. and Blake was at the door.'

"Uh" Blake let out before a slight shade of pink rose to her cheeks.

The air in my lungs were trapped, my lips locked up. She looked to my lower stomach, instantly I tried to cover the scars.

"I-" Blake began, but the boiling resentment that's begun from just seeing her face, was going to give me a bitter out come.

"What do you want." I snapped, biting my cheek to keep from saying anymore.

Blake's eyes were shocked towards my attitude then hurt. What does she expect? After treating me like a nobody for two months, she doesn't get special privileges to be nice and bubbly again. I also know in my heart it wasn't the right action to take, but I'm to stubborn to back down. So I play along.

"I actually came to apologize, and to my surprise..." she fidgeted with her sleeves.

"You're actually Rowan's sister, he never told me who but he talked so highly of you." She spoke softly.

Obviously, but rowan actually talks about me?

"Ok, but you came to apologize for what exactly" I asked curiously. I wonder how convincing this lie was going to be.

"I was going to apologize for... " Blake was quiet.

" a-apologize for ignoring you, these past two months" she looked down to the floor as if she was ashamed.

Never mind she's honest.

"And it wasn't right, also really childish on Alissa's part" she continued, but I rudely, again, interrupted her.

"Wait, what does Alissa have to do with this?" I asked.

"Well she's the one who told me not to associate with you, and a rumor she mentioned about you" Blake began fidgeting with her fingers.

"And you believed it?" I questioned.

"N-no, I don't judge until I hear both sides of the story. Because you're brother mentioned it wasn't true, it's a lie" she paused.

"But what do you think?" I huffed

"I believe you're innocent" she replied confidently.

That, that caught me off guard. Usually the story Alissa boasts about is pretty convincing.

"I, uh-" I was at a loss for words, she's different. Then my heart suddenly started to throb.

"So do you mind telling me what happened?" She questioned further.

"N-no, Rowan is probably waiting for you" I tried to avoid this conversation and stop the racing of my heart.

"B-but rowan can wait, I told him to wait." Blake took a breathe before locking eyes with mine. I looked away as quick as I can.

"Look, I'm innocent. Thats all you need to know" I spoke softly and began closing my door before it was stopped. Blake caught my eyes and the thundering in my heart grew, then she spoke again.

"I don't give up that easy Riley, but I'll respect you an your space; I'm confident in myself that you'll tell me eventually." Blake smiled before walking in the direction of Rowans room. Before I closed my door I hear Blake's footsteps scrabbled back to my door.

"Again I'm truly sorry, I wanna make it up to you with coffee, on me, at the bookstore you work at." Blake smiles nervously waiting for an answer with those blue/gray puppy dog eyes.