#thor 3 ~ alex's fault

"What are you still gawking at?" The professor seemed to be running out of patience, losing what little hair he had left. "Didn't I make myself clear? Go to the Dean's office! Right now!" He yelled again, and I could even smell his breath from here.

Thank goodness Alex's cologne was overpowering.

"What the heck?" I muttered, there I go again, damn it, I said it out loud this time. I thought it was just in my head.

The professor sighed heavily and rubbed his temples in front of us.

“Uhm, I mean, where's the dean's office, anyway?” I asked. "We're still freshmen, you see." I gave him a smile, trying to avoid further irritation.

"Just follow me," he shouted.

So, we followed him, and I had a feeling Alex was looking at me, but I couldn't catch him doing it. I mean, I didn't want to be caught looking at him either.

"Uhm, sir? Can we remove the glue from our hands?" Alex asked, and I just remembered, he was right. Yes, that's it, the super glue on our hands was getting worse as time passed.

"That will come off," the professor said, leading the way. "What do you want? To remove it? Or should I remove you from this university?" He was very grumpy, and he was very, very angry. Did I really ruin his class because of the fire alarm that caused a scandal because of me?

This was Alex's fault.

A little later, we reached the Dean's office that he had mentioned. A sign on the white door confirmed it, so I was sure this was it. The professor knocked, and when the door opened slowly, he faced us.

"The President of the university is here, speaking with the Dean. You two are in trouble. Brace yourselves, because the University President will tear you apart. Come in, follow me," he said, causing my heart to race.

I wish Alex was nervous too, but it didn't seem like it. Why am I trying to sense what he's feeling and looking at his face?

My steps felt heavy as I followed, but I had no choice. Alex took giant strides, pulling me into the Dean's office.

"Good morning, ladies," the grumpy professor greeted, suddenly acting polite. "I would like to report these two students who tampered with the fire alarm that caused a scandal. If possible, could you teach them a lesson or give them any punishment so they'll truly learn from this ordeal."

The Dean at the table listened to what the professor who reported us was saying, while the other person, probably the President, was busy texting on her phone.

After she finished typing on her phone, it was her turn to speak because she held the highest authority here. "Who are the students you're complaining about?" she asked, lifting their head and looking at the professor who had reported us.

"Alex? My child? Oh my God, you're still so young! What happened to you?" exclaimed the University President. Did I hear that correctly?

"Hello, 'Ma!" Alex greeted with a smile, looking cheerful.

As for us? We were all left speechless.

The Dean was utterly shocked, and the professor who had reported us was sweating profusely from embarrassment and fear.

"Do you have something to say, sir?" the University President asked the professor who had reported us.

He quickly replied, "No," repeatedly, clearly terrified.

After that, the Dean burst into laughter, and inside, I was laughing too.

Alex explained what happened to us, and the University President instructed the professor to accompany us to the university clinic to get treated and separate our hands.

We hesitated for a moment, and then the professor reluctantly led us out. As soon as the door to the Dean's office closed behind us, he started apologizing repeatedly to Alex.

Alex glanced at me, and I could see in his eyes that he wanted to address the professor's apologies. "It's okay, sir," he said, trying to ease the awkwardness. "Mistakes happen."

"Sorry, Alex. I didn't know you were the University President's child. I wouldn't have reported you if I'd known," he stammered, clearly embarrassed. I didn't know how many times he said those words.

Alex just smiled and patted him on the back. "I told you, it's okay, sir. It was an honest mistake, right? We're just glad it's all sorted out now."

The professor continued to apologize as we made our way to the clinic. It was a bit awkward, but we could tell he genuinely felt bad about the situation.

The professor let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you, young man. I'm truly sorry for my overreaction. I should've handled it differently," the professor said, still feeling guilty. "I promise I'll make it up to you somehow."

Alex chuckled. "No need for that, sir. Let's just get these hands separated and move on from this."

We finally reached the entrance of the clinic, and the professor bid us farewell, still expressing his regret.

As we walked towards the clinic, I couldn't help but chuckle. "Well, that was unexpected. The University President being your mum, Alex?"

Alex grinned, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "Yeah, quite the surprise, huh? I guess it's a good thing she's not too upset."

"What if she was?" I asked, sensing there was something more behind his words. Or maybe I just liked reading into things.

"Well, if she were in a bad mood, you might be looking for a new university to enroll in right about now," Alex replied, his tone slightly smug.

"Good thing I've already gathered some of your hair; it'll make cursing you so much easier," I retorted, playfully trying to spook him.

"You're revealing your witch side, huh? Sometimes, you might want to use your powers, you know? To avoid exposure, for your safety," he teased, each word delivered with a sly grin that seemed to penetrate every fiber of my being.

"I'm not a witch! But if you end up being a curse in my life, I'll use every dark magic, demonry, or whatever evil power it takes just to get rid of you!" I exclaimed before rolling my eyes.

"Before you dream of getting rid of me, let's focus on getting our hands unglued first," he suggested. He was right. So, I just sighed to convey my frustration.

We continued our trek to the clinic, our hands still annoyingly glued together, but at least the tension between us had escalated even more.

Again, it was his fault.

Upon entering the clinic, the nurse assisted us and arranged for a doctor to see us. The doctor inquired about what happened.

Alex explained the situation, while I simply said, "It's his fault, doc."