#thor 1 ~ something hard, solid

Wow! I can't believe how pumped I feel waking up today. Never thought I'd actually outdo or outshine those intros from content creators in their daily vlogs. Anyway, I didn't wake up to my alarm, but to the aroma of the dish Papa was cooking. Yeah, no doubt it's Papa in the kitchen, Jazen wouldn't know a thing about it.

And then there's that other one who's making all the noise, my sibling Justine, singing along to some Taylor Swift song again. They're having a little squabble, I can hear them yelling. Sibling fights every day, but I don't care because there's no room for me to feel annoyed today or have my mood ruined.

It's my first day of college, and I'm so stoked. Not that it's obvious or anything. I don't even know why. Maybe because I've heard people saying that in college, you'll experience everything you haven't before, taste things you've never tasted. Hope the stuff they say about it are 'yummy', and I mean, include those good-looking lads and fun. Others say that college is when you hit the most boring stage of your life, and you'll encounter all sorts of stress, anxiety, and whatnot. I couldn't care less. All I know is what I believe. Our fate is in our own hands anyway, so it's up to me whether I make my college life exciting or not.

Sigh. Feels like I was inside a cliché movie now or being the main character of some of those typical novels I have read, and I like it.

Took a quick selfie as soon as I grabbed my phone, and when I was seriously starving, I could practically taste the breakfast I smelled. Jumped off the bed, raced down the stairs, and joined the commotion down there.

I greeted my dad with a cheery "good morning," making my way over to him to plant a kiss on his cheek---just like I've been doing since I was a kid. It's something I used to do with my mother too when she was still around, before she was taken from us by that bullshit cancer. We're kind of tight on money now, and it ticks me off. That's why I need to be in college, get rich and make some serious dough! I'm so broke.

Justine collided into me in her hyperactive state, belting out "Welcome To New York" at the top of her lungs. I pinched my ears shut, getting seriously irritated by her voice.

"Could you please tone it down? I mean, it is not too much if I ask you to stop like you better shut up. Seriously, you're breaking eardrums this early in the morning!" I snapped, moving over to her phone that was resting on the table, surrounded by plates of ready-to-eat food. I paused the music but I do love Taylor Swift, not Justine. It's just unethical to eat while having a background music.

"Exactly! Super loud, plus her voice is like nails on a chalkboard," Jazen agreed with me like he always does.

She rolled her eyes, "Is this the punishment I get from the universe? Having annoying and antagonist big brothers? Clearly, you guys have zero taste in music!"

"Alright. Let's eat, shall we? Come on, let's dig in. We've got our own tasks for the day. Cut it out; that stomach growl of yours was probably louder than your nonsense arguments." Papa chimed in, now holding a bowl with steaming soup and noodles, packed with eggs and vegetables.

Once we were all seated at the dining table and everything was set, we said a quick prayer, and then Papa turned his attention to Justine, praising her as he used to, "Good thing, Justine's already dressed in her school uniform. You two? Going to fight me for the bathroom again?" Papa shook his head.

"I'll let you go first later," I offered. "I'll follow."

"I don't need a shower; I already took one late last night," Jazen chimed in, earning a grateful smile from me as I silently thanked the heavens. If he also needed a shower, I might be late for university.

"Eww!" Justine chimed in, wrinkling her nose.

With our breakfast finished and morning routines completed, the scene shifted to the three of us, all dressed and ready to face the day. We made our way out and piled into our trusty old car. Papa took the driver's seat, his hands confidently gripping the steering wheel, ready to navigate the roads that would take us to our respective destinations.

The car's engine roared to life, its familiar purr comforting in its own way. Justine plugged in her playlist, and her music filled the car's interior with an eclectic mix of beats. We each settled into our spots, bracing ourselves for what's ahead.

As the car pulled away from our home, the surroundings outside shifted. Houses and trees passed by in a blur. The morning sunlight streamed in through the windows, casting a warm glow on everything it touched.

Papa drove through the streets with ease, dropping us off at our respective destinations one by one. First, it was Justine's turn; her school was the closest. Papa gave her a brief pep talk, reminding her to focus on her studies but also to have some fun along the way. She grinned and waved before hopping out.

Next stop was Jazen's workplace. As he got out of the car, Papa handed him a lunch bag with a smile, a simple gesture that spoke volumes of their father-son bond. They exchanged a few words, a mix of advice and light-hearted teasing.

Finally, it was my turn. We arrived at the university, and I felt a mix of excitement and nerves. Papa looked at me, his eyes filled with pride and a touch of emotion. "Remember, son, your future is in your hands. Make the most of this opportunity."

I nodded, grateful for his words. As I stepped out of the car, Papa wished me luck, and I closed the door with a resolute sense of purpose but he rolled the windows down then said, "Good luck son, study first before boyfriends, okay? But you can have one."

"I'd certainly date more," I chuckled, shaking my head. He's such a mood.

As the car faded into the distance, I made my way towards the entrance of the university. The area was bustling with students, most likely not freshie like me. Amidst the crowd, I suddenly found myself being jostled by those seniors, ultimately colliding with something-or rather, someone-hard. Solid. It turned out to be a man, his firm physique unmistakable.

Reacting instinctively, my mouth dropped open, my eyes widening at the contact I'd made. "I am so sorry," I blurted out, mortification settling in as I attempted to wipe off the nonexistent dirt from his clothes.

"Seriously, what the hell? Who in their right mind drinks a coffee float this early? Fucking stupid, idiot," I continued, blaming him for the situation while trying to control the surge of embarrassment.

Only later did I realize that I'd said that last bit out loud; I thought I'd just been mumbling in my head.

His eyes blazed, and it was evident he was struggling to keep his patience intact, his fingers tightly gripping to prevent an explosion. His uniform was drenched in coffee, the icing from his coffee float splattered all over. I had managed to bump into the very drink he was holding because, well, I was already a klutz, and then them seniors earlier had to go and push me into him! It's my Papa's fault!

Not my fault, right?

Before he could approach me, this mad guy, before he could unleash whatever he had in store, he was called by the woman beside him. "Alex," she said, her hand on his arm. "Let's go, we're late."

I finally sighed a breath of relief soon as they walked away, disappearing from view. But he cast a lingering look in my direction, one that told me he wasn't just going to let this slide. I could sense the vengeance he was brewing. I knew he wouldn't forget this.

Ah, college life. Yay.