Text Messages

Angst
Started: 10-13-17
Finished: 10-15-17
Published: 10-16-17
~~~

"Betrayal is the lake, trust is the land."

Kuroko and Akashi were busy cuddling on the couch, a warm silence engulfing them- that was until Akashi's phone rang.

Akashi clicked his tongue as he went to get his phone. When he checked the message, his eyes showed slight excitement however, this did not go unnoticed by the teal-head.

"Tetsuya, we will have to end our cuddle session. It seems that there was an emergency in the company."

Kuroko gave the red-head a nod. He didn't know what was wrong with him, but he was getting this feeling of uncertainty.

While Akashi was getting ready, his phone started beeping, signaling that he has received a message.

Kuroko didn't want to snoop. Well, let's just say..."curiosity killed the cat"?

Kuroko got Akashi's phone and opened it. Yes, the teal-head knows his password.

Kuroko went to Akashi's messages. Seeing that he had quite a lot from one contact, he decided to inspect that one first.

From: Furihata Kouki
To: Akashi Seijūrō
Subject: Thanks

Thanks for making time for me last night, I enjoyed our date.

From: Furihata Kouki
To: Akashi Seijūrō
Subject:

Can't wait to see you later, love you!

From: Furihata Kouki
To: Akashi Seijūrō
Subject: Hey

Hey Sei, when are you coming over?

Tears were streaming down Kuroko's face as he read the messages his friend sent to his lover. To think that he was betrayed twice, huh...

'I'm pathetic.' He thought.

The sound of footsteps should have told Kuroko to stop crying and put the phone back, but could he really do that? I mean, finding out that your lover cheated on you with one of the few people you trust, could he really put his emotionless mask back on?

"Tetsuya, I'll be goi-"

Akashi cut off his own sentence once he saw the tears on Kuroko's face.

He was about to ask what was wrong, that was until he noticed that his phone was in the possession of the teal-head.

Kuroko threw the phone towards the red-head then ran out of the house, luckily the latter was able to catch it.

Akashi started running after Kuroko. While Kuroko was running, he saw a bright light headed his way-

"TETSUYA!" Akashi shouted, eyes wide.

Lying on the ground is the bloody body of Kuroko Tetsuya. His head was bleeding and so were different parts of his body, it truly was a gruesome scene.

~

'It's all my fault. I'm sorry, Tetsuya.'

'If it weren't for me, maybe...maybe you'd still be here.'

"Yet, we still choose to drown."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just so you guys know, I do not own some of the quotes. Most of them are mine, but I think about one or two are not? Anyways, the cover and story are mine, I apologize if the story seems related to yours or someone else's story, but just to be clear...I DID NOT COPY YOUR STORY.

~Author