Chapter 5: How do I title?

Chapter 5: Suggest a title if you want, I'm too tired to think of one. Enjoy! :)
Playlist:
Blurryface (yes, pretty much the whole album)- TØP

A/N: guys, I love Jack. Like, I just wanna give him a big hug, the poor sweetheart!
Also, I only got like 5 hours of sleep every night this past week thanks to the play I helped tech. I'm still super tired. I can't even.

~~~~~~

"Will this hurt?" Kelly asked, looking at the four people (okay, two people and two angels if you're looking for precision) standing around the tilted-back chair. Jen recognized it from the episode where Cas extracted Gadreel's Grace from Sam. Jennifer could understand why Kelly was nervous. The Grace extracting.... thing... that Gabe was holding did look pretty intimidating. And she knew that it hurt Sam when Cas used it.

Luckily, Gabriel shook his head. "No, I'm going to dull the pain and heal you as much as I can. It should just feel like a flu shot." Jen felt much better then, at least, until Gabe turned and mouthed hopefully at the rest of the room's occupants. Dammit, they'd been so close... still, this was (hopefully) a minimal-risk type of thing. They could always stop if it put Kelly or the baby in too much danger.

"Are you ready?" Sam asked gently. Kelly nodded, but she looked pretty freaked. Jen tried to think of something to reassure her.

"And, look, if something goes wrong, if it's hurting you too much or something, we can stop," Jennifer said. Hopefully that was reassuring enough, 'cause she was too tired to think of much else. How the hell did the Winchesters get by on four hours of sleep? She'd probably gotten six in the car and, despite the coffee, she still wasn't fully awake. Her motto, when she'd stayed up until some ungodly hour reading fanfiction, was 'If Sam Winchester can do the Hell Trials on four hours of sleep, then so can I'. But whenever she did happen to stay up that late, it was never pretty. How the Winchesters were coherent, with fully-functioning brains and the ability to fight and kill monsters on four hours of sleep was just plain unnatural. You could even say it was...  supernatural.... wow, she was tired if she was making bad fandom puns when she'd been literally transported into the very show she was making puns about. Jennifer had to repress a weird urge to laugh. Jeez, she was like a stoner when she was sleep deprived.

"All right. You ready?" Dean's voice jolted Jennifer out of her thoughts. She focused on the scene at hand. Kelly was looking uncertain, but she still nodded in response to Dean's question. Jen was relieved that they wouldn't have to argue that point anymore. All of this was slightly surreal, and she really didn't want to argue. Things that didn't get Cas killed were good things, in her book. Maybe it wasn't entirely the Nephilim's fault, but he'd still played a pretty big role.

Gabriel handed the freaky Grace-extracting needle thing to Cas, who took it gingerly. Gabriel shifted to a better position and put two fingers on Kelly's head. He nodded at Cas.

"Good as we're gonna get, bro." And although Gabe calling Cas his brother had had Jennifer holding back a grin, it appeared to have the opposite effect on Castiel, whose eyes narrowed and who suddenly seemed very interested in the Grace extractor. Ahhhh yes, Heaven's family issues. But more on that later, she supposed.

"You'll be fine, Kelly," Cas assured her. She gave him a weak smile.

"Just do it," Kelly said. And Jennifer's mind did not immediately go the the Nike slogan. Definitely not. Castiel nodded, and placed his hand on her belly, trying to find the best place to extract Grace from the baby. Once he found it (at least, Jen assumed that was what happened, and he didn't just pull his hand away and position the Grace extractor, which needed a better name by the way, at that spot for no reason), he readied the needle at that place. When he received nods from both Kelly and Gabriel, he carefully drove the needle in. Kelly's eyes went wide, but she didn't appear to be in pain. Thank.... Chuck.... for Gabriel. Literally.