That Kiss

Walking here was uncomfortable. Kim's hands didn't waist anytime to grab Zane's arm longingly, "Come on, Kawaii-Chan!" She turned and smiled at me. "Give us a ship name!"

I want to dislike ghost, but I can't. I long to be like her, honest. Not that honest but honestly nonetheless. Besides, she doesn't know of my feelings for Zane. And Kim was having the worst of it, not me. She had to live with her.

And you live with me.

That's it! I would be just be honest! But when, how?! How was I going to get Zane alone? My mind suddenly flashes forward in time. Zane has gotten used to Kim. He likes her. He lives her.

I shake that unholy abomination out of my head as soon as it enters. There was no doubt about it. I had to confess. If I didn't, who knows what Kim would do.

Oh please! You honestly think I'm buying that you're doing this because of Kim? You need love. You're selfish. You don't need to add liar to the list. Oh wait! Never mind! You do that every time you say Kawaii-Chan.

I pause for a moment a glance at Zane.

He looks scared, uncomfortable and annoyed. But he doesn't protest. Kim continues clinging to him. It's obvious he's tried to be nicer, more "gentlemen-like" in a sense, but sacrificing his own feelings on it...

It was almost admirable. Which made me dislike the situation even more.

We finally walk into the haunted house, Garroth finding a door and opening it for once. He screams. Kim screams and grabs onto Zane. I hadn't even looked at the monster or whatever it was. My eyes were focused on Kim as she latches onto him like some sort of baby.

"Hey!" I pull him away.

Zane doesn't protest. He doesn't make a single sound. It's almost like he doesn't care. It's a silent message to Kim.

"This way Zane!" Instead of running from monsters, I'm running from Kim, or rather ghost. All I want is him alone with me. Where it happens doesn't matter.

"Where are we going?"

I wouldn't be lying if I said I was surprised he actually followed. He was quick to question but not this time.

"Away from her!" I state it like it was obvious. I wish I could've looked over my shoulder to see Zane's face. Yes, I know he was uncomfortable. But it was hell to watch another girl with his hands on him. "Here!" We round the corner.

Leaning against the wood walls, we pant, we listen.

"You and I seriously need to have a conversation!" Kim's voice emits. I wanted to hug her then and there.

"What?"

"Let's go..."

Zane stares wide eyed at me. He looks grateful and surprised. "Thanks... Kawaii-Chan." He breathes.

I ignore the name. It doesn't matter. He's saying thanks. And I'm grateful that he appreciates my actions.

"Zane?" Out of genuine curiosity I had to ask him. Couldn't just blurt it out than to have him laugh in my face. "Did you want me to ship you with someone?"

"What?" His face is confuzed, appalled even. "Where did that come from."

That was just a nice way of saying no. But I took in a breathe, and finally said it. "I would like to ship you with me."

He didn't say anything for a few seconds and I feared that perhaps it was never said. Perhaps I had never gained the courage to just say how I felt. To be honest for just once. Not to just him, but to myself.

But finally, he says my name. Not my real name, but my heart was aching so bad that it was good enough. "I like you. A lot. You listen to me and you... you..."

A sudden rush goes through me, and I can feel Kawaii-Chan pushing me toward him as he takes a few steps as well. I don't know how, or when the mask was pulled down.

In fact. For a few seconds I feel a bit selfish.

In a matter of seconds, we're kissing.

And in a matter of seconds, Zane has completely opened up to me. Something that he has never done with anyone.

I- at least to my knowledge- am his first kiss. He took a chance by locking lips with me; by being completely vulnerable. So... Why can't I?