MYSTERY

"Theresa, I need your help."

"What for?"

"I met someone," Tilda explained.

"Oh, my, who, Tilda, is he a singer, actor, sportsman?"

"He's human," Tina replied, knowing Theresa was awaiting a name that would make the headlines.

"You mean, he's a nobody, just an ordinary guy?" Theresa asked without hiding her disappointment.

"Yes."

"Where did you meet him?" Theresa asked, quickly playing a recap of Tilda's schedule in her head to pinpoint a potential encounter.

For Theresa, Tilda did not have the time slot to meet someone, so she lent a keen eat to hear the tale.

"At the Lone Horizon bash, and he wasn't freeloading," Tilda answered in anticipation of Theresa's remark.

"Then he's somebody, as your agent and PR, if you want me to do my job properly, you will have to speak."

"He's a community manager," Tilda added and hoped it satisfied Theresa's gossiping appetite.

"Tilda."

"I swear, Thereseー."

"Tilda, whatever you don't tell me, the vultures will dig up, now who is he?" Theresa asked, popping out her eyes like a mother waiting for you to admit you ate the last muffin.

"Promise you won't tell the world without my consent," Tilda said with her natural shyness.

Theresa smiled, "it's in my contract; who is he?"

"It's Weston Edmonds."

"Never heard of him," Theresa returned bluntly.

"He's known as Gabriel Saint Clair."

"Oh, my God," Theresa exclaimed as she took Tilda's hands in hers, "poor thing, Tilda, you've fallen for a con artist."

Tilda pushed away Theresa's hand, "no, Theresa Weston Edmonds is Gabriel Saint Clair; I saw the next manuscript."

"Tilda, are you serious? If this is true, it's the scoop of the century. The man's a ghost; reporters have been fighting for an exclusive for years. How is he? Short, tall, bald, and bad-tempered?" Theresa asked, eyes gleaming with excitement like a shark whiffing blood.

The agent was a fan of anything sensational.

"He's perfect."

"Oh, my, you've got it bad for him."

Tilda nodded.

"Okay, I'll help you; I've already got my little idea of how I'm going to deliver your real-life Notting Hill. Oh, Tilda, this is terrific; you'll make all the romantics weep with your story."

Theresa knew better than anyone how bashful and clumsy in love Tilda was. Tilda was the type of woman who would let the other person dump her not to hurt their feelings. Being of quiet nature and always holding in the things, Tilda suffered much in her past relationships. One only knew that something was up when Tilda became insomniac or complained about chest pains or stomach burns.

Doctors concluded that her anxiety manifested itself by these sickness symptoms. Once she found the solution to her problem, the singer usually returned to being her happy-go-lucky self. Tilda had avoided dating for the past three years; she perfectioned her art and gained fans.

Many would say she was better of alone, but like most people, once she took of the beautiful gowns and makeup, Tilda found herself confronted with her reflection in the mirror. There she dreamt of living the greatest love of all.