fourteen

Lance

"Morning, guys," I rubbed my eyes as I walked into the dining room.

Coran was telling some story about one of his adventures a long time ago, Shiro and Allura were pretending to listen, Pidge was typing away on her laptop, and Hunk was eating his breakfast.

There was one certain red paladin missing.

"Guys? Where's Keith?"

Everyone looked up at me.

"Lance..." Allura started.

"We have something to tell you."

I looked over at Shiro. "What? What's wrong? Did something happen to him?"

"Well, Coran and Hunk were cooking in the kitchen and something spilled. They were about to go find something to clean it up when Keith walked in, and.. well, he slipped. He hit his head on the floor and passed out. He's in a healing pod right now."

There was silence.

"You guys had me thinking he got killed or something!" I shouted.

"Oops."

"Well, is he alright?" I asked.

"He should be out in a few dobashes, why don't you have breakfast while we wait? He'll probably be out by the time you're done."

I nodded before sitting in my usual spot, glancing at the empty seat next to me and sighing. I served myself some food goo, but I barely ate any of it.

That motherfucker better be okay..

Hunk

So we may have lied to him a little bit.

We just didn't want him too be worried if it turned out not to be anything serious.

The truth is, Keith was walking around last night after Lance consoled him, and fell down the castle steps. Coran found him and took him to one of the pods, and he'd been there since about two A.M.

He should be out any minute, hopefully everything intact.

Coran worried since it was a pretty big fall if he fell from the top of the stairway, and he said there was a chance for some of his recent memories to be lost.

Especially, since it was already such a hazy time for him, his memories of being on the Galra ship.

Lance

Just as I stood up from the table to go wash my dishes, Keith walked in with one of the healing pod suits on, leaning against the doorway for support.

That skin-tight uniform, showing nearly every detail of his arms, and his chest, and his abs, and his legs-

I hadn't noticed that I'd dropped my plate.

"Lance..? You okay?" he asked weakly.

I snapped out of it, running a hand though my hair. "Am I okay? Are you okay?" I chuckled slightly, walking over to him and wrapping an arm around his waist for support as he wrapped one around me in return.

"I'm fine, thanks," he nodded. "Just a little... tired," he yawned.

"Keith, what were you doing outside of your room last night?" Coran asked.

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"You had a nightmare, right? Lance came to talk to you, and when he left, we assumed you went for a walk or something and tripped," Pidge closed her laptop.

"Lance didn't come to talk to me last night.." Keith furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yes I did," I looked down at him. "You had a nightmare and woke up screaming, so I came to talk to you," I held him closer. "You don't remember?"

"No.. I'm sorry, I don't," he rubbed his head.

"What do you remember?" Hunk asked.

"The last thing I remember is Lance and I being sent on a mission, and him being an idiot and going through the front," he nudged me lightly.

Everyone in the room froze except for Keith.

"What?"

"You don't remember anything after that?" Shiro asked.

"No," he ran a hand through his long, dark hair. "What? Did something important happen?"

"Um, yes," I said.

"What, then?"

"You got attacked and I came to rescue you, then we both got captured-"

"And then Lance became Lotor's sugar babe or whatever, and you were sent to fight in the gladiator ring!" Pidge interjected.

"And then you won! It was awesome, but you kinda fainted from blood loss and stuff, then they cut off your arm-"

"What?" Keith raised an eyebrow.

I pushed his left sleeve up, showing him his Galra-tech arm.

"When the hell did..? What?"

"And then we came to rescue you," Shiro stated.

"Yeah, you made a big deal about not leaving without Lance," Hunk winked.

"We finally found him and brought you both back, but you had to convince him with a really sweet speech-"

"If by sweet, you mean gay-"

"Shut it, Pidge!"

"And then we came back home," Hunk concluded.

"That's a nice story you guys came up with, but come on, tell me the truth," he crossed his arms.

"Keith, that is the truth," Allura placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Oh, great, not you, too. Who's idea was this? Lance?"

"Keith, we're not lying. All of that actually happened... how hard did you hit your head?" I placed both of my hands on each side of his face.

"Lance, there's something we didn't tell you," Pidge looked away.

"We just.. didn't want to worry you, you know..." Hunk trailed off.

"In case he was perfectly fine," Shiro drummed his fingers on the table with a nervous mood about him.

"The truth is.." Allura couldn't look at me, ether.

"He fell down a flight of stairs in the castle. I'm sorry, Lance, I feared this might happen," Coran sighed, twirling his mustache nervously.

"So.. you all lied to me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"We're sorry, Lance!" they all chorused.

"I... I just need some time to think," I finally let go of Keith, but when I saw him wobbling I groaned. "And I'm taking this with me," I picked him up bridal-style, carrying him back to my room.