sixteen

Hunk

I heard Lance and Keith screaming at each other and sighed. When would they open their eyes and realize how perfect they are for each other?

I mean, I love Shay. I do. A lot. But I can't be with her.

Lance and Keith love each other. They can be together. They can be happy.

If I can't have my true happiness, I want them to have theirs. That'll make me happy. They're two of my best friends. Also, I can't think of two people better suited for each other.

I called them in for dinner a couple hours later, and they were yelling at each other again. But it was much happier.

Coran helped me set the table, and soon the other paladins came flooding in.

Keith and Lance sat next to each other, like always, and everyone sat down in their usual spots as well.

"So, how were your guys' days?" I asked.

"Good."

"Okay."

"Bleh."

"It was fine, thanks for asking."

"Alright."

"Adequate."

"Good," I smiled.

Everyone started eating, and they seemed to enjoy it, so I was glad.

Lance

After dinner, I went back to my room, sighing. I couldn't stop thinking about Keith.

There has to be some way to get him to remember, I thought.

Just then, Allura ran in. "Lance, there's something I think I should let you know."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What is it?"

"I think Keith is lying."

"What?"

"I don't know, it's just... the way he's been acting... I'm just not convinced that he's actually lost his memories."

"Why would he lie to me- us?" I asked.

"I don't know. Maybe to try and forget about what happened? I mean, it seemed pretty traumatic from what I heard," she bit her lip.

"Well, yeah, but... Keith.. he wouldn't do that."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure," I nodded.

"If you say so," she shook her head before walking out.

He wouldn't lie.

...Would he?

Ezor

It had been almost eighteen vargas since we set out looking for the castle.

"I'm tired," Zethrid complained.

"Yeah, well, suck it up," Acxa snapped. "Lotor wants the blue paladin, so the blue paladin he shall have. Now, does everyone remember the plan? We go in, infiltrate their systems, shut down their power, rendering them helpless, grab the paladins, load them onto the ship, then head back to Lotor. Got it?"

"Got it," we all chorused.

Acxa then turned to me, pulling me aside. "You are going to go for the green paladin and the princess, I'll go for the black paladin and the blue, Zethrid will go for the yellow, and Narti will go for the red one. Understand?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "But how come you get the blue one? He's cute," I frowned.

"Maybe, but he's also Lotor's, Ezor. Don't lose sight of why we're doing this."

"Rodger that," I mock-saluted her. She rolled her eyes with a smile playing on her lips, and I winked at her. She sighed before grabbing my hand and leading me back to the others. I looked down at our intertwined hands, blushing slightly.

God, this girl would be the death of me.

Coran

I was cleaning the dishes with Hunk when we got to talking about Keith.

"I know we all agreed there was a chance Keith may have lost some of his memories in the fall," he started, "but I don't think it makes sense that he forgot right after he and Lance were taken into the Galra ship. It feels like... like.."

"Like it's too convenient for Keith?"

"Exactly."

"I agree, but what true reason would number four have to lie?" I asked.

"Well, I know he and Lance had an argument, but then they really got to bonding. It could've been either of those. Or maybe, like Allura and I were talking about, he just doesn't want to relive it and just wants to forget, so he pretends to," Hunk sighed. "I wish he'd just let us know what was going on."

"I'm sure when he's ready to talk to us, he will," I nodded.

"I hope so. Well, thanks for talking with me, Coran."

"Anytime," I smiled softly.

Hunk

I walked back to my room after my talk with Coran, still wondering why Keith would want us to believe he forgot.

Maybe Lance would know something?

I knocked on his door, and as soon as I heard him yell, 'come in', I walked inside. "Hey, Lance."

"Hey, Hunk. What's up?"

"Do you really believe Keith lost his memories?" I asked.

"Of course. Why does everyone doubt-"

"Because, Allura told me that he forgot about his prosthetic leg, and don't you think he would've noticed his arm before we had to show it to him? It's just... weird."

"I guess... but it's not like any of us know what that feels like, except for Shiro.. we don't know if it's obvious or what. I want to believe that Keith is telling the truth, I do, but... a little part of me thinks he's lying, too."

"Well, if you figure out anything else, tell me. Okay?"

"Got it. Likewise?"

"Of course. Night, Lance," I waved.

"Night, Hunk."

Lance

I sighed, laying down on my bed. I thought about talking to Keith about his memory loss, but I didn't want to overwhelm him or anything..

Woah. Since when did I care so much about him?

Whatever. I finally closed my eyes, slowly falling asleep, when I heard a scream.