02

It woke up.

Wait, woke up? 'No, I died. This isn't right. Kirby killed me. Why am I here again?'

But then it realised this wasn't the same place as before... it was just as empty, but this time it felt hellish. It was a blood-red color, with pitch black clouds and strange patterns.

It felt a new body part... or rather, two new body parts. It looked to its side and saw a wing. It looked to its other side and saw the same. Why did it even need them if it could float? Or was its wings the only thing keeping it from falling? It also felt a stinging on its head, and something over it.

All it could think about was why it was here, who or what kept bringing it back. Who was so cruel to do this to it and why? So it could suffer for eternity?

It cried, and found out that once again, it could summon Dark Matter.

'Get out of here, and let me see through one of your eyes.' It commanded. They quickly went away, looking to fulfill their leaders' command.

It wasn't long before Zero saw a flash of white, and then saw a peaceful land with many happy inhabitants. It seemed everyone in this universe except Zero got to be happy and have friends, which enraged it.

What was strange about these people compared to other ones it had seen was that these ones had wings.

They were so happy. The more Zero watched, the more hateful it became. It wanted to do something to bring their happiness to an end. It ordered the Dark Matter to search around the planet. Soon they came across a large crystal located in a castle. Being hidden away like that means it must be something special to the inhabitants of this planet, whether it protects them or it's simply a beautiful large jewel that keeps them at ease. It didn't care what it was, it was going to take it from them, and then possess all of them.

Sending the Dark Matter after the crystal, the fairies seeing this as a large black cloud started spreading over the sky. They all saw that they were after the Crystal, and a brave fairy with pink hair and a red ribbon rushed into the castle. Arriving in the room with the crystal, she saw the queen panicking. The queen told her to take the crystal and flee the planet, and she acted quickly, lifting up the jewel with all her might and flying as fast as her wings could take her. She gets away from her planet and looks back at it a final time, but screamed when a few Dark Matter noticed her and started chasing her, including the one Zero was seeing this through. 'Get her! Get her! Get the crystal from her! Kill her!' it shouted in its head.

The fairy could not outrun them. She dodged one, but was then hit by all of them at once, sending her crashing down but consequently shattering the crystal.

She crashed on Planet Popstar, unfortunately right on an unsuspecting target, falling onto the ground shortly after. Her eyes were shut in pain, but mostly shame. She couldn't protect the crystal. She failed. She's a failure...

The one she landed on happened to be Kirby, who had fallen on his face from the impact, but swiftly got up without so much as a scratch. He looked at the fairy beside him, who he presumed was the one that crashed onto him.

Suddenly he felt another thing fall on his head and bounce off, though this time it didn't seem to be a person, fortunately. He looked around for the object, and found something shining in the grass behind him.

After Ribbon had finished her self-loathing, she opened her eyes and looked around at her surroundings. She was surprised to find herself on a place with no houses in sight. She had never strayed far from the palace, so this was a new sight for her.

She noticed a sparkling stone in front of her on the ground. She looked down and saw a shard of the shattered crystal. Sighing sadly, she picked it up. 'I won't be able to get all of the shards back...'