two

Leah

I quiver, gasping at his words. What does he mean Acacia is no longer here? Who the hell is this? I know for one thing this person is male, but what is he doing here? In a haunted house by all means.

"W-Who are y-yo--"

His strong hand clamps against my mouth which causes me to shut up. I squirm trying to break free but this man is stronger than me. Tears start rolling rapidly down my cheek. I can taste the salt from my tears which causes me to gag. Maybe I should just spit it on him? I silently dismiss the thought away.

Silence filled the room as I simply stood there dumbfounded. Small quiet muffles were the only noise heard.

"Would you shut up already?!" The man whispered harshly into my ear. I quickly nod and cry against his body. He finally lets go, picking up a flashlight from who knows where.

He turns it on and shines it on the floor. I step back trying to make out how his face looks like. I tilt my head squinting.

"What are you?" I whisper.

He laughs. "I am just like you, just different in the soul," He whispers but by the tone in his voice, he was definitely not friendly.

"W-what are y-you t-talking about..." My legs were trembling so much I could collapse any second. No, no don't act scared Leah! Keep it together!  I remind myself, ready to face this horrifying man.

Before I knew it, the man shines the flashlight on himself, finally revealing his face. My face hardens as I take in his appearance. I was expecting to see an old man with a black mask or something, but surprisingly this mysterious person was a young adult. A teenager even, maybe 19 or 20 years old.

Wow he's handsome...

The front of his curly brown hair was gelled to the back showing his whole forehead. His green eyes sparkled from the reflection of the light, looking at the wall behind me. His eyebrows were clenched together tight, probably thinking of a plan to murder me.

My gaze moves down to stare at his pink, plump lips. My mouth slowly opens. I am speechless. Who is he and why is he here?

"Take a picture, sweetie." He snaps at me. I jolt my head to look at him. Shit his eyes are so...

What am I saying? I don't even know the guy, he could be a serial killer for all I know, I mentally shoot myself.

"Well?"

"W-Well what...?"

He rolls his eyes. "Why are you even here? Go back to playing barbie or whatever the fuck you kids do." He walks to the side table with the lamp and lays the flashlight on top.

Who the hell does he think he is? He really is attractive but his personality is just hideous. Anger starts boiling inside of me, I don't care what I say to him anymore.

"Excuse me? I am 18 years old for your information. How old are you then huh?" I snap back, my right hand resting on my hip. 

His eyes slightly widen at my sudden outburst but then he grins, chuckling. "I don't know, like 20?"

I laugh at how pathetic this guy is, why am I wasting my time talking to him anyway?

"Wow. You don't even know your age? You're funny," I say with courage, crossing my arms.

"Yeah, real funny." He spits back bitterly.

"Whatever, I'm leaving and I am going to find Acacia now," I say walking to the door. "Move."