//3//

A couple weeks later lmao

"His hair- oh my god!" James rubbed the sleeves of his unicorn onesie together. "I-I'm in trouble- in an addictive" the boy placed his hands into his lap that was criss cross. "I'm addicted to this boy john!" He blushed and looked down at his little feet, his toes wiggled against the sheet.

John sighed and slouched, leaning onto his hand as he watched him, biting the inside of his lip so he wouldn't say anything stupid, if he was honest with you, He liked this boy, but it's obvious that he doesn't like him back. Of course he doesn't like him back, no one ever likes him back, he doesn't know why he even gets close to people like this boy.

"He's got my heart tied in a knot, a-and my stomach in a whirl.." he brought his hand up to his stomach and rubbed it a little bit. "But even worse I can't stop calling him, I love to hear his Virginian voice" James finally looked up at John with his bright smile and the small pink tint to his cheeks.

"I mean, dammmn!" He dropped half onto he sheets, making the bed squeak and wiggle. He sighed out and spread his arms out, staring up at the ceiling like it was the boy he's talking about.

"What's not to adore..?" He gushed quietly, curling up for a moment before stretching out with a happy laugh, filled with love. "He sounds ...nice..what's his name..?" John raised a brow looking down at him as he fanboyed over this mystery man.

"Thomas" He pushed himself up and crawled across the bed, sitting down onto the freckled boys lap, this was normal for the two already, they hung out all the time and became close over the couple weeks together.

Madison really took up on john and followed him around, hanging on his arm or hiding behind him when they approached Lee and his 'Thomas' goons (Thomas Paine and Thomas Conway.)

They hung out every second they could, plus they have all classes together and they sat together in every single one of them. Many people though they was dating, and people would normally come up and ask. Peggy ships the two aswell, but she ships everyone.

Every single time someone comes up to them and asks if they're dating, Madison would laugh and say 'No no, were best friends.'

John would honestly be lying if he said gay it didn't hurt him, he would be lying if the situation he was in right now didn't hurt him. He was deep in the friend zone and he would never get out because Thomas can literally get any boy or girl in this school without a problem.

John honestly just wanted to curl up and cry, he never understood how or why he let himself catch these feelings but no no avail he's caught them, and damn is it miserable.

Seeing James drool over Thomas fucking Jefferson, the biggest player i the school, which just so happens to be his bully, great. If anyone was to ever find out that he liked Madison it would be the end of the line because he would never hear the end of it, Madison would be scared, and Thomas would just continue to bully, but worse.

John exhaled and leaned down, pressing a kiss to his best friends before head before picking him up and sitting him down in another spot that wasn't his lap.

"Call him and talk to him" John chirped and put up a believable fake smile. John slid his legs off the bed and stood up with a huff, before walking over to the door and walking out, shutting the door behind bhim.

He decided that he was just gonna go back into his own room and stay there for the rest of the night, after all it was Friday and classes was over, he wouldn't have to worry about essays, or bully's, or his roommate. He wanted stay away from Madison before something bad happens between him and Thomas.

John locked the door behind him and collapsed onto his bed with a low groan. He pulled the turtle themed blankets up onto him and curled up, half of him wanted to cry but the other half was yelling at him. ''You know he's never gonna like you" and "At least I tried" things like "you'll never find love" then the debating reply "maybe there's still a chance"

John found himself shaking barley and biting some on the inside of his lip trying not to cry. "At least he's happy" the voice in Johns head echoed as he shook and hugged up in the blanket like a burrito. Maybe he needed to hang out with laf and Hercules more, and maybe even Alexander, lord he hasn't actually sat down and talked to Alex since Alex cheated on him and they broke up.

John felt tears poke and prickle at the corners of his eyes, the dimples feelings in his chest as his heart sped up and his body trembled. Not a moment later tears flooded his vision and dropped down his freckled soft cheeks. His lip quivered as he pushed his face into the pillow under him, he couldn't help but to break down worse and judge ob into the pillow, trying to silence his sobs.

Of course it didn't work, it just muffled it, john didn't really care, he wasn't thinking straight to, he was heart broken. Johns chest rose and fell as he just curled up with the pillows gainer his cheeks, getting it hot and soaked, still yet, John didn't care.

-

It took him at least 20 monitors to calm down. He laid with his ear against the pillow and blankets up over his shoulders. John blinked barley, his eyes and cheeks was puff and sore as he stared at the wall in front of him with a pure look of hurt and tiredness in his eyes. He's always hated the aftermath of crying.

Word count: 1017
Unedited, still lazy