CHAPTER 4

After a few days, the yellow rose was still in a vase on the nightstand by Hoseok's bed. He, for some reason, stopped making coffee in the morning that he wouldn't drink and woke up ten minutes earlier to have time to cuddle with his teddy even more than usual.

Yoongi's hair color completely faded so now he was blonde. He still smoked his daily cigarette as he watered the plants on the balcony, and still did not reply to any texts. He kept Hoseok's flower and phone number on his desk even is he told himself multiple times he did not care about them.

Yoongi did not have to go to work and was very bored. It was Namjoon's day off too. When he looked at himself in the mirror, he thought his almost white hair made him look like a ghost. That's the moment when he decided he should re-dye his hair. He went to the nearby cosmetics store and bought some hair dye. He thought silver could be a nice change. Namjoon gave him his address a long ago but Yoongi never bothered visiting him. His friend lived on the other side of the city. Yoongi didn't mind going there by foot because listening to music made the trip less shitty. He knocked at his friend's door. A familiar blonde boy opened it. He looked surprised by his visit.

"Good morning." Yoongi said, entering Namjoon's house as if it was his own. It was a lovely place. Wooden floor with a beige moquette, green walls, and curtains with a flower print.

"What's the reason for the visit?" Namjoon asked nicely. He really didn't mind the fact Yoongi came to his place. The older boy showed the box of hair dye as the answer. "Aha, okay. Let's go to the bathroom."

Yoongi simply followed him. It's not like he couldn't dye his hair on his own, but today he was simply too lazy for that. Namjoon dyed his own hair plenty of times, so he knew exactly what to do. He put a chair in front of the sink and gestured Yoongi to sit down. He mixed the dye and started coloring the boy's hair.

"Is there something you can't do?" Yoongi asked, smiling.

"Avoid breaking things." Namjoon said and Yoongi smiled. When Yoongi smiles, he gets very happy. "There's something I wanted to ask you about. May I?"

"As long as it's not about Jung Hoseok and his goddamn purple flower." Yoongi said.

"It's not. Don't worry." He said laughing a bit. "Taehyung is organizing a party later, and you can come too."

"I know I can, but do I want to?" He said. He sometimes has a sassy tone of voice when he finds a weak spot in Namjoon's smartness.

"I'll be the one that's driving so you can get drunk. I'll get you home safely and stay at your place until morning to be sure you're okay." He tried to convince the older while carefully dying his hair.

"Fine." Yoongi said.

When Namjoon finished applying the dye on Yoongi's hair, they went to the living room. Namjoon made some green tea. He quickly texted Tae 'All according to keikaku', to which he replied with 'You weeb'. Yoongi and his friend drank some tea and talked about the weather. Namjoon helped Yoongi wash his hair in the bathroom sink. There was still Lana Del Rey playing in the background. The older thought this phase was never going to end, but at least it wasn't his hip-pop swag phase. The latter lasted six whole months and Yoongi was so ready to cut off the other's hair while he was sleeping. When the younger was done with washing the other's hair, he gave him a towel.

Hoseok came to Taehyung's house to help him organize the party. The older didn't plan on partying that day, but he decided to help his friend by buying snacks and making a playlist because that's what friends do. Taehyung told him to come to the party six times that day: once when Hoseok was cleaning the floor, when they were buying snacks, when they were setting up the lights, when both of them took a break from cleaning, when Tae was cutting the grass in front of the house... Even when Hoseok went to the bathroom, Taehyung was right in front of the door and yelling the invitation to the party at him. In the end, the older had no other choice but to accept it. It's not like he had anything better to do, anyway.

"You're coming? For real?" Taehyung exclaimed. He knew that being very convinced could get you exactly where you want. It was all thanks to the good ol' Joonie's words.

"I'll get my ass here at 9pm." Hoseok said smiling.

"You better do! See you later!" The younger said, escorting the other to the main door.

It was already 8pm. Yoongi didn't know what to wear, nor he cared about it. The boy thought there was no reason to think about an outfit. He would rather stay at home and try not to jump off the balcony, but he told Namjoon he would come to the party. He fixed his silver hair a bit, just so he wouldn't look like he woke up thirty seconds ago. He exited the building and saw Namjoon waiting for him in front of his car. The younger opened the car door for him. Yoongi sat inside. It was a silent car ride. Namjoon was driving skillfully while Yoongi was admiring the night view from the car window.

Hoseok wasn't really excited about the party. He promised to Tae he'll come and he usually keeps his promises. He put on his blue ripped jeans and a leather jacket. He put on some drops of cologne and left the house. Hoseok entered his red sports car and went to the party. He didn't have to worry about wrecking it, because if he got drunk Taehyung would force him to stay at his place overnight. Ha parked his car in front of Taehyung's house and rang the doorbell.

When Taehyung opened the door he was greeted by Namjoon's smile and Yoongi's usual disinterested expression. Taehyung stayed in the main hall with Namjoon to talk about something. Yoongi spoke a quiet greeting and went straight to the table with alcohol. He went to sit on a chair in the corner of the house to drink some beer in peace. Namjoon and Taehyung were discussing some important business. It looked like they were planning something. In fact, they were.

"Basically, we just have to make them meet alone?" Taehyung said. He wasn't really sure this could work out well. "But how?"

"Just tell Hoseok he's here." Namjoon said, fixing his glasses on his nose. "But keep it subtle. Nonchalance is the key."

"I'll go tell him." He said, smiling. He felt less worried knowing that Namjoon knew what he was doing. Maybe the other didn't, but at least he wasn't going to fuck up alone. "By the way, your outfit makes you look gay." He added.

"Is that supposed to be an insult?" The older asked looking at his own clothes. He didn't think wearing a pink polo shirt and jeans overalls could make him look gay.

"No, it's perfect." Taehyung said. He kissed the other on the cheek and went to find Hoseok. Namjoon simply smiled.

Taehyung searched for Hoseok basically everywhere. As expected, he was in the bathroom taking mirror selfies. Taehyung knocked at the door, even though the knocks couldn't be heard because of the loud music. He fixed his hair in front of the mirror. Taehyung has always been a very good actor, so this could be the easiest mission that was ever assigned to him.

"Namjoon is here." Taehyung said mindlessly. He looked way too concentrated on fixing his eyeliner.

"Good for you." Hoseok said.

"Well... Yoongi came here with him." Taehyung said, still applying the cosmetic product.

"Oh, nice." Hoseok said. He tried to sound as calm as he could, but on the inside he was freaking out. He smiled happily.

Hoseok left the bathroom and decided to search for Yoongi. He was a hesitating, maybe because he was scared of getting refused. Again. He decided to relax for a while and calm down. He got himself a beer and sat down on one of the chairs in the corner. He wasn't behaving like he would usually do. A month ago he would probably be flirting with some pretty girl or dance until everybody knew who the real dance king was. Now he was silently typing on his phone or maybe playing Flappy Bird. He didn't even notice the person that was sitting next to him.