CHAPTER 7

The two boys went to McDonald's. Yoongi ordered chicken nuggets and French fries, Hoseok ordered a cheeseburger. They sat a table for two. Hoseok wanted to check the new notifications on his phone, but since Yoongi didn't do it he thought he shouldn't do it too. Yoongi started eating in silence, looking down at his plate.

"Is the cheeseburger good?" Yoongi asked, just so he could get the conversation going

"I guess so. Want a bite?" Hoseok said, offering the burger to the other boy. Yoongi leaned in a bit on the table and took a bite of the cheeseburger.

"It's not my kind of thing." Yoongi said. He continued eating his chicken nuggets. He noticed Hoseok looked at him at him with the eyes of a betrayed man. Yoongi took a chicken nugget and put it in front of the other's mouth. Hoseok smiled and ate it happily.

"This tastes good too." Hoseok said. He tried to steal another piece of meat but Yoongi noticed and slapped the other's hand playfully.

The two boys talked and ate together. When they finished their meals they went to the cinema to watch a movie. It was the 'Spooky Season' at the cinema. That means there were a lot of horror movies to watch. Hoseok hoped for a moment that they would watch one of the movies in the kids' section. Yoongi said he would like to watch Saw and that's why Hoseok was going to go through hell for the next hour or two. They bought the tickets and snacks and waited for the movie to start. Hoseok updated his twitter profile quickly before the movie started.

The movie was very bloody and disturbing. Hoseok had to look away a few times and he held Yoongi's hand from the beginning to the end of the movie. The younger even screamed at some parts. Yoongi kept a straight face all the time. Here and there, the older would turn to Hoseok and give him a reassuring smile. Hoseok enjoyed the movie even if he was sure he would have nightmares that night. When the movie ended, the two boys decided to take a walk in the park. Outside it was silent and a bit cold. Yoongi was happy, and so was Hoseok. As they were walking they 'accidentally' linked pinky fingers. They didn't say anything about it nor stopped holding each other's hand.

"So... What now? Are you going home?" Yoongi asked shyly.

"I'm not going home until you do." Hoseok said.

"Then what, are you walking me home in hope I'll let you stay for the night?" The shorter asked.

"That wasn't the plan, but thanks for the suggestion." The taller said. He laughed a bit.

"What was your plan, anyways?" He tried to sound as disinterested as possible.

"Get a bit closer to you." Hoseok said trying to keep eye contact with the other.

"And? Is everything going as planned?" The older asked, swinging his and, consequently, Hoseok's arm happily.

"It is." The younger said.

The two of them continued walking silently. They were enjoying each other's company a lot. Hoseok decided to walk Yoongi home. He wasn't hoping that the other would tell him to stay at his place: he wasn't prepared for that and would probably be very awkward, which would end up in him making a fool out of himself.

"I'm just worried you'll get disappointed when you actually get to know me." Yoongi suddenly said. He didn't expect himself to say that, and neither did Hoseok.

"Nah. Don't worry about it." Hoseok said. "Why would I?"

"Because I'm nothing special." Yoongi knew he was only making things worse. Namjoon would probably slap him for being so stupid.

"I don't think so." Hoseok said. His tone of voice was serious. "You are special."

"Yeah... Right. I'm a special snowflake." He said sarcastically. Hoseok suddenly stopped walking. Yoongi turned around to see the other boy looking down. "What's wrong?"

"I'm just... Hurt." Hoseok said. "I really like you and it makes me feel bad when you belittle yourself."

"I'm sorry." Yoongi said, squeezing the other's hand a bit. "Let's continue walking. We are close to my apartment."

They continued walking. Hoseok felt very bad when Yoongi said that he's nothing special and that he would disappoint him. Hoseok loved Yoongi so much, so getting disappointed would be impossible for him. When they arrived in front of Yoongi's building, Yoongi gestured the other to follow him. Hoseok smiled happily and followed him upstairs. Yoongi opened the door and showed the boy the way to the living room. Hoseok noticed it was a bit messy, but he didn't care. The room was decorated with flowers and in the corner, there was a brown piano. Hoseok sat down on the couch while Yoongi went somewhere. Hoseok assumed it was the restroom. Hoseok texted Taehyung 'I might have a problem.' He received a reply right away 'What?' 'I'm at Yoongi's place rn'. What Hoseok received next was just a lenny face. Hoseok rolled his eyes. Shortly after that, Yoongi came back in the room wearing an oversized shirt and black shorts. He was holding two glasses of cola. Hoseok blushed and had to look away.

"Sorry if I made you wait." Yoongi said. He put a glass of cola on the small table in front of Hoseok. "I got something to drink."

"Thanks!" Hoseok said, reaching for the glass. Yoongi sat down on the small couch next to him. It was somehow awkward, just as Hoseok thought.

"You said that I'm special, so I just want to prove you wrong." Yoongi said.

"It sounds already very interesting." Hoseok joked. That smol gray man was so wrong.

"Fuck you." Yoongi said, taking a sip of cola. Cola always hurt his throat, and Yoongi never understood why he was always buying it.

"Gladly." The other said.

Awkward silence.

Yoongi turned on the tv and, guess what, started watching Law & Order once again. Hoseok was glad that it wasn't so quiet anymore. He would like not to be here and erase his existence in that moment. He really should think twice before speaking and then thinking about it again.

"This is what I do all day. Every day." Yoongi thought he really needed to specify that. For some reason, he tried to push the other boy away from him by seeming as boring as possible.

"That's nice. I watch a lot of movies and tv series too." Hoseok said.

The two boys continued watching movies and series until midnight. Yoongi even got up to get snacks from the kitchen. He usually doesn't eat a lot, but when Hoseok feeds him with chips he couldn't simply keep his mouth closed. That's a completely different thing from watching tv alone in the dark. It was half past midnight when Hoseok glanced at the digital clock on his phone.

"I... I should really go home now." Hoseok said, fixing his shirt in his pants.

"Do you have a wife with kids at home, waiting for you?" Yoongi asked.

"N-no!" He said. This smol boy was very weird.

"Then you don't have to go anywhere." Yoongi said, still looking at the tv. A stupid commercial about kids' snacks started. He turned to look at Hoseok. "You can sleep here."

"Wha- You trust me enough?" Hoseok asked.

"Yes, Hobi, I do." Yoongi said, rolling his eyes. "I'll get you a shirt."

Yoongi went to his bedroom and got an xl white shirt, the only white shirt he had, and threw it to Hoseok. The piece of white cloth fell right on the boy's face. Yoongi laughed. Hoseok looked irritated and walked towards Yoongi. He kept getting closer, and Yoongi kept backing off until Yoongi's back was greeted by the plain white wall.

"That's a bit rude, don't you think?" Hoseok said.

"Same goes for you, Mr. Obnoxious Rainbow Sweater." Yoongi said, licking the inside of his cheek.

"Well... You're right, Smol Angry Man." Hoseok said, backing off from the other.

"That's it. You're sleeping on the couch, Hoseok." He said, going back to his room.

Hoseok stood there for a while. He laughed a bit and followed the boy. He opened the door at the end of the hallway. His mistake was not knocking at the door before opening. He saw something beautiful. Yoongi was standing next to the window and looking outside, only wearing his underwear.

"What the fuck, Hoseok?" Yoongi said, turning around.