People Change

Izuku P.o.v

"Hey Kacchan! I'm glad you're okay! Jeez man you had me worried." I ran up to Kacchan with a big smile. I turned him around and saw that his face was pale and was missing his eyes.

"Why didn't you save me Deku?" He asked me as I fell on my back.

"No that's not....I tried! It was the heroes! They just sat there and watched you suffer!" I yelled at him as I crawled away till my back hit the wall. I turned around and saw my mother standing there she hate hate in her eyes that was directed at me.

"Izuku why didn't you save Kacchan?! He was your friend and you let him get hurt!" She yelled at me. I crawled into a ball and started to cry to cry, "Kacchan I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me." I said to myself as I rocked back and forth in the darkness.

"Deku...Deku....DEKU!" Kacchan yelled shaking me awake. I rubbed my eyes as I sat up straight. " Oh good morning Kacchan." I said still rubbing my eyes as I let out a yawn.

"Good morning my ass! It's 1:30pm. Get your head out of the gutter shitface." He yelled snapping me out of my daze. I looked at the clock and let out a sigh 'Guess I won't be going to school today' I thought to myself. I looked out the window,saw the cloud sky and sighed again.

"Kacchan listen to me... I don't think I can be a hero anymore." I said bringing my attention to the boy in the bed. "It's not that I'm gonna back out on you, I mean it kinda is, but that's not my point. I mean seeing those heroes not even TRY to help you...it's just." I let out another sigh, " I don't wanna be like those guys if being a hero means that I'll end up like them then I would rather I stay a normal guy." Kacchan seemed angry.

"So that's it? All that hard work just thrown out the window?  You know what?! If you're just gonna leave me after ONE incident then I'd be better off without you!" He shouted. I tried to calm him down but he just pointed at the door. "Get out! I don't wanna see you ever again! If you're gonna flake after all our hard work then I'm done being your friend." He yelled while his hair shadowed his hair, I swear I could've seen a tear fall down his cheek but I'm sure I was mistaken. I slammed the door behind me and slide down to the floor leaning my back against the door as I sat there crying. I cried for about 10-15 minutes ignoring the stares I got from the people who walked by.Finally I stood up and left the building.

2 Years Later

I started to walk around the street letting the rain fall on my shoulders. I made my way into an alleyway and sat underneath a dry spot that the rain couldn't reach.As I was about to get up 3 figures hovered over me. "Hey kid give us all your money and and those nice red shoes!" they demanded.

"Why of all days did this have to happen?" I muttered frustrated. They gave a smug grin as I started to stand up,   " Listen guys, I've had a rough day today and I really don't wanna deal with this. So how about this?" I asked pulling out a quarter, "Heads I give you all my money, tails I show you where to find MORE money." they gave me a confused look as I just flipped the coin, before the coin hit the ground I punched one guy in the stomach knocking him on his butt. I turned to deliver another blow to one of them but then I felt a punch to my stomach knocking the air out of me. They started to kick me mercilessly and they left with my money. I propped myself against the wall once more and just stared at nothing. "I guess I AM pretty useless huh? I abandoned my friend and can't even stop some thugs from taking my money. I think I'll stay here a little, going home now would only cause my mom to worry." So I just sat there thinking about how powerless I was. "I don't even know anymore. What am I going to do with my life?" I let out a sigh and felt something hover over me, "What? You come back to steal something else?" I said not bothering to look up and just stared at the ground waiting for them to wail on me.