how you meet

BILL
you knew of bill denbrough for the longest time but officially met on the last day of school. you were dumping out all of your school books as most kids were before hearing the voice of henry bowers only a few feet away from you. you and henry were best friends when you were younger. although you guys drifted apart during middle school, he still cared for you and hoped you two would somehow be able to go back to normal, so he told his friends to back off. you quickly rushed over to henry and lightly shoved him, scolding him as well as his friends. he narrowed his eyes before storming off along with his friends. the three boys thanked you for sticking up for them, but you left bill speechless.

RICHIE
you and richie had chemistry. no, not the chemistry two people have if they're attracted to each other. but an actual chemistry class. richie was always cracking jokes, and you would always laugh at them. you two hadn't officially met until your teacher assigned a project and paired you two together. richie's lame jokes and pick up lines made you laugh even when you tried your best to focus on work. although you two didn't talk to much while working on the project, it didn't matter because you made one another smile, and that's what you both needed.

EDDIE
you were at the drugstore waiting for your stepmother to be done shamelessly flirting with random men who walked by. you walked away from the horrific scene only to bump into eddie kaspbrak. you had one class with him and he seemed like a nice boy, but he was always being teased by fellow classmates just because he was a germaphobe. you acknowledged one another's existence but never said a word to one another in fear that the other would not like their company. you were upset due to your mothers flirting, and it was obvious to eddie something was wrong. he offered to listen and you opened up, causing him to forget his mother was outside, waiting for him to come out with his medication.

STAN
your parents forced you to go to temple even though you hated it. they were very religious people who wanted you to be their ideal child and for you to have the best bat mitzvah ever. although they just wanted what they thought was best for you, that's not what you wanted. you wanted to be outside playing with your friends, not in temple learning the torah portion. you didn't even know how to read hebrew, it confused you too much and gave you a headache. the only reason you really went is because you'd see stan from time to time. he noticed you struggling to read from the torah and decided to help you even though he could not read most of it himself. he just wanted an excuse to introduce himself.

BEV
you met bev at school. she had quite the reputation, but you didn't really care about it. you didn't really care about anyone at school for that matter. everyone called her a dirty whore, but you didn't believe it because people said she did henry bowers. who in their right mind would ever do bowers? you officially met her when she was smoking in the school bathroom stall. you couldn't stand the smell and began coughing loudly, catching bev's attention. she quickly stomped on the cigar and introduced herself. you smiled at her and shook her hand, taking the slightly taller girl by surprise. she smiled back, hoping you didn't believe the rumors and would give her a chance.

MIKE
you moved to derry with your uncle when you were around ten years old. your uncle thought it would be best for you to be homeschooled so that way he could always be there. you had a weird fear, which was being alone, resulting in you being unable to have a normal childhood like most other kids. your uncle thought if you went to school, you could have possibly been left alone, so he decided to not take any risks. you and your uncle were walking around derry when you noticed a tall african american boy running and falling down. you and your uncle took note and rushed to aid him and his cuts and bruises. your uncle went inside the drugstore to get supplies to help him, leaving you alone with who you later learned is mike. after that day, you two began talking and meeting in town every day.

BEN
you and ben had english class together. he was the new kid and had an interest in books. people teased him about his weight and you felt bad for the kid. you had a friend who was also slightly overweight, and it ate at them up to the point where they couldn't take it. they had to move away from derry and live far away. you felt as if you had a connection to ben somehow. you two officially met in the library. ben was just a bit too short to grab a book, so you reached up and grabbed it before handing it to the shorter boy with rosy red cheeks. ben had liked you from the day he laid eyes on you, and that day had finally worked up the courage to say something.