when...

you tell them someone asked you on a date

BILL

"suh-so, what did yuh-you want to tell me?" bill asked

"suh-so, what did yuh-you want to tell me?" bill asked. you smiled and sat comfortably on the bench.

"well, peter asked me to go on a date with him earlier today." you told your best friend. bill's face dropped, but you didn't notice. it stayed silent for a moment before he spoke.

"buh-be careful, y/n. i heard he buh-breaks girls hearts and doesn't care about them." bill tried to make up an excuse as to why you shouldn't go out with him. you frowned slightly.

"thanks for your concern bill, but i really don't think he will. people breaking your heart is just part of life." you explained, feeling a bit down that your friend wasn't happy for you.

"i would never break yours." bill mumbled.

RICHIE

"hey, rich? you remember jack, right?" you asked while biking home with your longtime friend, richie

"hey, rich? you remember jack, right?" you asked while biking home with your longtime friend, richie. he nodded his head in response.

"yeah, what about him?" richie asked. you smiled a bit before completely stopping in your tracks, richie mirroring your actions.

"well, he asked me to go to the movies with him." you said. "i have to head there now, actually."

"wait, like a date?" richie asked. he was afraid that his first love didn't love him back.

"yeah, i think so." you said with a small smile. you hopped back on your bike and quickly began to pedal to the theatre. "well, i gotta go. see ya tomorrow, tozier!"

"bye, y/n." richie whispered as he watched the girl of his dreams slip away and fall for another.

EDDIE