part 1

Riele's POV//

Finally, I've graduated high school and I'm off to pursue my dream as a fashion designer.

Well, an intern for Vogue.

At least I get to move out of this boring town and go live with my brother in New York City!

Of course I'll miss my mom and dad, and my best friend Ella, but I've always feel like they've  held me back.

I want to grow up to be successful and to be happy, and to find love.

I have never loved anyone before, except my family and my best friend. but I want to love someone.

I sound desperate, but I'm 18 now, I kind of want to have a serious relationship.

"Oh, my baby, off to NYC. I'm going to miss you" my mom says walking into my room.

I just finished packing, my plane leaves tomorrow morning.

"Mom, I'll miss you too. Besides, you can come visit anytime" I say, and I immediately regret it.

"Really? My father and I could visit every weekend!" She says all happy and runs out my room.

Oh my, that's going to be a pain in the ass.

I pull out my phone and get on twitter.

I got a DM from someone. I click on the message, the profile name reads Jace Norman.

Jace Lee Norman. My ex- best friend. We did everything together. We were the perfect bond. But one day he moved away and we just stopped talking, it's like I lost my other half.

My heart starts beating fast, I haven't talked to him in three years!

I click on the message.

Jace: Hey

Riele: hi

Jace: I found your Twitter a couple of months ago, and now I have enough courage to message you... anyways, how have you been?

Riele: i have been alright.

Jace: That's good, well I don't mean to sound weird, but in your bio it says you live in NYC?

Riele: not yet, but i am moving there tomorrow, lol.

Jace: That's cool! I live in NYC.

Riele: cool, my brother lives there, i am moving in with him.

Jace: Oh yeah, I forgot about Rylan living in NYC.

Riele: yeah

Jace: Tbh Riele, I miss you. I miss our friendship. Maybe we can meet up when you get to New York?

I put down my phone because I have no idea what to reply. I feel bad leaving him on open, but I am way too anxious to reply. I call Ella and ask for advice.

Ella: What up bitch

Riele: Omg really? Every time I answer the phone you always say that.

Ella: Sorry, it just comes out!

Riele: So, you know that Jace guy I told you about? Well he just hit me up, and now he wants to meet up in New York!

Ella: Oh my goodness, do you want to meet up with him?

Riele: Yes, I do. I really miss him, but he broke my heart.