part 8

Riele's POV//

Later that day Jace told me something came up and he couldn't hang anymore.

Rylan's been getting everything ready for the protest tonight. He keeps expecting me to go. Part of me wants to, the other part of me wants to stay home.

"Riele, I'm about to head out, are you sure you don't want to go?" Rylan asks.

I sit there for a second before I answer him.

Do I really want to go? I want justice for Yamir, but it's also dangerous.

"No, I'm not going. I'm just not ready for this." I say.

Rylan nods his head.

"It's okay, I understand." He says.

He comes over and kisses my forehead and head towards the door.

"Rylan, please be careful." I say before he leaves.

"Of course baby sis." He says and closes the door.

I sigh. I hope nothing happens to him tonight.

I turn on the TV and start to feel tired. Might as well take a nap.

-

I'm woken up to the sound of sirens.

Where's it coming from?

I'm blinded my blue and red lights as I see it's coming from the TV.

It's 8pm.

The TV is showing the protest, police are everywhere. Barricades are blocking the protesters from the streets. I sit up to get a better view of the TV.

"Justice for Yamir!" They yell as they're blocked off by police.

I try to spot Rylan but he's no where to be seen.

The chant "justice for Yamir!" Gets louder and louder.

I then see Rylan, he's in the front. Face to face with a police officer yelling the chant.

Oh no. He can't do that. What is he doing?

I run to my room grab my phone, and put on my shoes.

I have to stop him.

I look at my phone and see three missed calls from my parents. Shoot.

I call my mom back.

Mom: Hello? Riele?!

Riele: Yes mom it's me.

Mom: Oh my gosh baby, are you okay? Are you at the protest? I see Rylan on TV, what is he doing? He's going to get himself in trouble.

Riele: No mom, I'm not there yet.

Mom: Yet? What do you mean. Are you going?

Riele: Yes, I have to save Rylan. I don't want anything to happen to him.

Mom: Riele, please be careful. I don't want anything happening to you two. When you get to Rylan tell him to get his ass home and call me! You understand?

Riele: Yes mom, I have to go now. I love you, bye.

Mom: I love you too.

I hang up as I head out the door. Protesters are everywhere. I follow the crowd until I get to the Main Street where the huge crowd is.

I try calling Rylan, he doesn't answer. I call him again and still doesn't answer.

"Shit! Come on Rylan pick up." I say to myself.

I'm about to call him again but a familiar voice calls out my name.

"Riele? Riele! What are you doing here?"

I turn around and see Jace. He's all dressed up in his police uniform.

"Jace? What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"I told you something came up" he says scratching the back of his head.

"This is just something? Why didn't you tell me?" I ask.

"I didn't want to upset you. I knew how important this was to Rylan, I just didn't want any trouble." He says.

"Whatever Jace, we'll talk about this later. I have to find Rylan." I start to make my way into the crowd but Jace grabs me.

"No Riele, you can't go in there, it's too dangerous." He says.

"Jace stop, I have to get Rylan." I say trying to get out of Jace's grip.

"Riele, I'm serious. Bad things are about to happen. I will get Rylan for you. You can't go in there, please." He says. I look into his eyes, filled with worry.

"Promise me you'll get him, please." I say.

"I promise." He says.

He kisses me on the forehead and heads into the crowd. I watch him as people yell at him and ridicule him. Now I'm worried about him and Rylan.

I try calling Rylan again but he still doesn't answer.

I text my mom to know I'm okay, I press send and the next thing you know, people are screaming. Then the crowd starts running.

What is going on?

++

hope you enjoyed !

sorry for any mistakes didn't proofread it😋

comment your thoughts💕

~mia💫