part 5

Riele's POV//

6 am. I'm up and ready.

I have to be at the Vouge building by 7. I'm so nervous to start this job.

I have no clue what's in store for me, but I know I want to be a designer, and this is a huge step for me.

-

I arrive at the building, no clue where to go. I see a lady at the front desk.

"Hello miss, you must be one of our new interns. I have all the information you need up here." She says.

I walk up to the desk and there's a bunch of papers.

"I'll need you to sign these papers here on the left, but the papers here on the right are papers you can go home and read. They just contain information about Vogue and what we're about. Ms. Wintour highly requests you read all of them. After all, you might be her intern." The lady says.

"Wait, Anna Wintour, the editor in chief? I might be her intern?"

The lady laughs.

"Yes, after today she will chose one of the four new interns to be her own personal intern. So I advise you to work really hard today, and sorry I never caught your name"

"Riele Downs. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Lacey, more known as 'the front desk lady.'"

We both laugh. Then I begin signing papers.

-

I was done signing papers. I was the last intern to arrive. My nerves were building up as I arrived on the 10th floor.

Someone guided me to a room where I'm guessing the four other interns were at.

I wave awkwardly at them and they all wave back.

A little bit of awkwardness later, a person comes in and announces Ms. Wintour will be here soon.

My nerves kick in again. Anna Wintour, I can't believe I will be breathing the same air as her!

I say a little prayer to make my first impression go well.
-
(Later, 7 pm, Riele is done with Vogue)

I make it back to the apartment, exhausted. That was a long day.

Ms. Wintour had all of us interns on her hip the whole day. I never knew how much work had to be done. But I really hope I get chosen to be her personal intern. She's picking one of us tomorrow morning.

I lay down in my bed about to fall asleep, then I remembered I had to meet with Jace.

Riele: hey, are we still planning to meet up?

Jace: Yes, if that's ok with you.

Riele: yes it's ok, i'll meet you at the starbucks down the street from my apartment. is 7:30 ish ok?

Jace: Sounds perfect. See you soon.

I sigh as I get out of bed to get ready.

I'm quite nervous for this meeting with Jace. After all these years, I still have feelings for him.

Should I tell him? What if he doesn't react the same way?

-

I make it to the Starbucks and I order two coffees.

I see Jace walking in the door, looking as handsome as ever.

He smiles as he sits down and I pass him coffee.

"I remember, you like coffee black with two sugars" I say.

"Yep, always will" he says.

We both laugh and it falls into an awkward silence.

I remembered what Ella told me, to man up and tell Jace what I feel. I need to do it.

"Jace?"

"Yeah?"

I decide to make a bold move, I grab his hand and stare in his eyes.

"I want to be with you."

++

OOOO.

sorry this was such a slow chapter. i wanted to introduce riele's job but i had no ideas for it.

also i don't know how intern jobs really work at Vogue so don't come for me.

next chapter coming soon

~mia✨