Monday, October 16, 2017

Maria's POV
************

We all woke up yesterday, to a high pitched almost feminine shriek. Turns out, it was Aaron. He looked embarrassed, especially because Theodosia was there. Aaron has a thing for Theo.

Anyway, when we all got out to the living room, he was pointing at a box. George III, being the only one brave enough, picked it up and examined the insides before dropping it to the ground and stepping back. "Not today." Was all he said.

It turned out to be a hand. Well, what do we do with a probably real human hand? If we throw it away, we could get in trouble with the law. I don't want that. Neither does anyone else. Nonetheless, no one had much of an appetite anymore. 

I reflect on yesterdays happenings in the comfort of my blanket. I run a hand through my messy hair, and it gets caught on a tangle. I look over at Eliza, who happens to still be asleep. She looks so peaceful, so serene, everything I wish I could be and more. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Sam wake up. He looks at Charles, and looks at George III, and frowns. I catch his eye, and motion for him to come follow me. I head to Alex's bedroom, as John and Alex are in John's room. I close the door and look at him, raising an eyebrow, my hands on my hips.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" He asks, crossing his arms and huffing.

"Do you like anyone?" I question, knowing the answer already.

Sam blushes and looks down, uncrossing his arms, and fiddling with his fingers. "Yeah."

I smile and playfully punch his shoulder. "who's the lucky girl? Or guy? I won't judge."

"I-it's Charles." He states.

I feel my smile flicker. I strongly dislike Charles. He's so mean to women. I shake my head slightly and force an award winning smile at him. "Ok, so-"

He cuts me off. "But I also like George III, so I don't know to do."

Oh. I'm not going to lie, that caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting him to say he liked George III.

"Oh. Well, that's quite the predicament you're in there." I say, and look at him sympathetically. 

He nods his head somberly, and is quick to change the subject. "What about you though?"

Ah great. Now he wants to know about my crush. I guess he's following the 'a secret for a secret' policy.

I sigh, and start. "I like Eliza."

He doesn't look at all shocked. "I had a feeling you would like her." He states nonchalantly.

He's caught me off guard. My eyes widen in shock, how can he just say that without any emotion? 

"We should head back out, they might think we're up to something that is way off what is actually happening." I state. He nods, like I figured he would. Nothing would give the wrong suggestion like that. 

When we head back to the living room, the only one awake is Alex, but I can only guess it's him based on the sleeping schedules of Alex and John. Alex seems to have trouble falling asleep at night, while John can sleep like a bear. 

It's quite strange, really. Suddenly, the door swings open while Sam and I are on our way to the living room. We just stand like that for a minute, Sam and I facing Alex, and Alex facing us. He motions his hand between the two of us, trying to signal if anything is going on between us. More specifically, asking if we are dating. I shake my head no. He already knows Sam and I don't have those feelings for each other.

He nods, and we all walk to the kitchen, so we can chat. 

But we hear something that stops us in our tracks. It sounds like something sliding under the door. Alex signals us to stay where we are. He steps forward, and picks it up by the corner. He lets one of the sides drop open and from where I am, I can see a red substance painted on the paper. 

I shiver in fear, as Alex motions us to the kitchen, where he reads the paper out loud. "Guys, the note says, 'Get out of here, it isn't safe for you.' And it looks like it was written in blood." 

"I'm going to take the guess that it wasn't written by the person, the thing that's after us." Sam says, and I nod, my hands trembling. 

I don't want anyone to get hurt. But most of all, I don't want Eliza to get hurt. And I'm sure Alex and Sam can say the same for their crushes. Our friend group has to stay alive.