Wednesday, October 25, 2017

John's POV

^^^^^^^^^^^

Yesterday, we got a note, talking about how we were going to get a skeleton invasion, and that boxes of weapons where going to be found in our room, because our home made weapons weren't going to be able to defend us from the skeletons as they did with the zombies, and we ended up finding a box of weapons in a cabinet in the kitchen. It was filled with axes, swords, and bows and arrows. Alex took a bow, and I took a sword, I don't remember what everyone else took. But, I didn't forget about the talk I promised Alex that we'd have. 

So, when Alex and I took a break to relax a bit, we strayed from the group, just a little though, and I launched in, not dodging around the question. "What happened in the kitchen earlier, when you found the note?"

He smiled confusedly, obviously lying. I raised an eyebrow. He then sighed, "Ok, ok, I'll explain everything." 

I sat down on the ground, and pat next to me, telling him to sit next to me. He does so, and explains. "I had a cup of coffee," He said, fiddling with his fingers, and not making eye contact with me. I put two and two together. "But I was so tired, I just didn't want to go to sleep and end up compromising what was going to happen, so I drank one. It was only one, I promise."

I placed my hand on his and look at him, smiling softly. "Its fine. You were just trying to help in the long run. I just don't like seeing you too hyper, yknow? And as for compromising the days activities, there's no way that would've happened. Don't think less of yourself."

He grinned at me, genuinely happy. "Thanks."

I nod at him, grinning back. We sit there for a couple of minutes before we hear shouting coming our way, getting louder and louder. We turn our heads around, looking at the oncoming people. Herc stomps up to us, looking angry.

"You guys scared us half to death. One minute you're there, and then the next time we turn around, you're gone. With what's going on nowadays, let us know where you are. And don't even-" He looks down, cutting off his sentence when he sees our hands together.

Turning to Laf, he points it out, causing Laf to squeal with delight, hopping up and down. Everyone else rushes forward to see what's happening, and we hear a chorus of "awwww's" before Thomas cuts off first, waving a piece of paper, hand on his hip, exclaiming, "Did y'all forget about this?"

"What is that?" Alex, responds, rolling his eyes at Thomas.

Thomas clears his throat. "It says, 'Skeletons were undoubtedly hard to fight, so for tonight, I'll let you have it easy. Enderman. These monsters are tall, and the color black, and have purple eyes. Not very hostile creatures, unless you look at them. Then they attack you. And be careful, they like to teleport all over the place!"

I snort when Angelica states "Looks like we 'got it easy' today."