nine 〰 the quarry

this is part 011

oOoOoo

Everyone sat in a circle, Eddie under a blanket to dismiss his shivering from the moments earlier, the specific memory from his childhood haunting him.

There was a thick silence in the air, but it was mixed into it was a layer of chaos. Everyone in the room except Eddie had seemed to be asking themselves the same two questions: what the hell happened and why the hell did it happen?

After moments of contemplation, Eddie finally decided to speak. He didn't want to tell them anything, but he owed an explanation.

"T-There was this gguy," He began. "A f-few years ago. I didn't know who he was, or anything a-about him r-really, but h-he somehow knew me, and he looked exactly like sadie did that moment a-and he was out to get m-me." Eddie choked on a sob. Ben moved so he sat close to Eddie, wrapping an arm around him, and Eddie let himself lean into Ben.

"It's okay," Ben whispered, soothingly. "You're okay, take as much time as you need."

"I'm not okay, though. He wanted to fucking murder me! And he was dressed,
almost, almost like a c-clown. You know how afraid I am of clowns. I don't know who this guy was, but he knew so much about me and, and Sadie looked like him that moment and I lost it!"

"Hey!" Sadie chimed in. "I ain't no clown! Besides, why would you think we wanted to show you a clown? You think we just casually hide one in here or, or better yet, you think Richie would've bought you to a circus or some clown exhibit? The dumbass is scared of clowns himself!"

"Bitch!" Richie yelled. "I told you not to tell anyone!" Sadie rolled her eyes.

"Shut it, you mouth breather. It's not like you leaked to the whole school my crush on Lucas."

"Well, I was helping you advance in your relationship."

"You were helping me get a panic attack." The two went back and forth like this for a while, before Mike silenced them.

"Why didn't you tell us this before, Eddie?" Mike chimed in. "Maybe not them, but what about Ben and I?"

"Not even my own mother believed me. She thought I was lying, and would I ever do that for something as serious as this?" There was a tingle in his spine as he thought about It, and his mother's reaction.

"Jesus, how could Sonia not believe you? I mean, it sounds insane and it is insanely terrifying, but it doesn't seem like a lie..." Mike trailed off. Suddenly, there was a change in mood.

"Wait, how do we know?" Stan chimed in. "I want to believe you, but what proof is there? You could've just faked an attack to get away from us or something."

"Eddie-bear," Beverly pouted. "Why would you do that? I thought you trusted us now? I thought we let bygones be bygones and started something new."

"I'm not lying!"

"I-I d-don't know E-Eddie. I a-agree with B-Beverly. I-It seems a b-b-bit of a s-s-stretch."

"No! I'm not lying."

"You never denied that you didn't want to get away from us..."

"I'm not denying it because I still don't trust you completely, how do you expect me to, huh? All those things in the past don't get buried that easily. But I'm not lying. If you want proof, I got it." He didn't want to do this. but he did a lot of things that he didn't want to do today, and he felt like he needed to do this also. He pulled down the side of his shirt, exposing his shoulder. "Look, there's even a scar on my shoulder from where he hurt me." Everyone gathered around i️t, looking at it carefully.