ten 〰️ nobody's perfect

unedited, sorry for mistakes
hold onto your wigs for the second half of this chapter ;)

Eddie and Richie walked to the pharmacy, the fall leaves crumbling to the ground around them. There was a crisp breeze in the air and a crunch beneath their feet, along with a thick silence in the air which neither of them found comfortable. A car passed by them, purposely splashing puddle water onto their feet. As soon as Richie felt the water, anger flourished inside him.

"Son of a bitch!" Richie yelled after the car and running after it. He picked up a rock and threw it at the car. His shoes took Juliet three weeks' worth of full-time shifts to earn. The car honked in response.

"Richie, calm down, it's just water. It'll dry." The duo began walking again.

"It's just water. It'll just dry." Richie mimicked, his pitch higher than usual. Eddie rolled his eyes. They had made it only a few meters forward when:

"Hey!" Both of them turned around and saw a middle-aged man exiting the car. "Are you two hooligans the ones who left a dent in my car?"

"N-No, sir-"

"Yeah, bitch. What the fuck you gonna do about it?"

"Excuse me?" The man looked taken aback.

"I apologize for him," Eddie said, pulling on Richie's arm. "H-He's a bit rude today, but I promise he doesn't mean anything he said or did." He turned to Richie and lowered his voice. "I suggest you apologize, then shut the hell up, and save us some trouble while you're at it. It's not worth to start a fight over a pair of shoes."

"Alright." Richie muttered. He looked at the man. "Sorry, boss. Didn't mean it. I was aiming for your face, but the car was protecting it."

"Richie!" Eddie exclaimed.

"Hey!" The man yelled, walking forward.

"Richie! You idiot!" Eddie gripped onto Richie's elbow with his free hand and started running, dragging Richie with him. The man was chasing the duo now.

"Really, Eddie? I could've took him on easily!"

"Oh shut up, your body isn't even close to being half as strong as your ego."

"Excuse me? Keep in mind, I did kick Henry's ass for you."

"You punched him, Richie."

"Henry's strong, though."

"Henry's strong, but he isn't grown man strong like this guy here." His arm started to hurt. "Also, start running, dumbass! You're too heavy for me to drag for long!" Richie did as told, rolling his eyes. The man chased after them, hurling insults and threats at them. They ran for a while like this, and it almost seemed like it was going to be forever until Eddie desperately needed a break.

"Richie, I can't go longer. I need my inhaler."

"Now? Oh come on, Eddie!"

"I thought you said you could take him on." Eddie broke his words into fragments as he abruptly came to a stop and yanked the zipper on his first fanny pack, pulling out the white device. He cupped it, bringing it to his mouth and taking multiple breaths out of it. Finally, his lungs stopped contracting and he could breathe normally without the device. He heard footsteps behind him and sprinted to where Richie was. The man wasn't that far behind now, and he was equipped with a shovel, making it all the more dangerous for them.