Opening Cutscene

(Hey guys, welcome to this short Super Mario Odyssey & Sonic Forces crossover fan fiction. If you didn't read the description, this story is basically what I think the opening cutscene would be like if Super Mario Odyssey and Sonic Forces were made into the same game. This story was made before either game was released so I tried to find what info I could on both of the game's intros so I could try to make it true to the stories of the original games while also adding a little twist. Because of this, yes, some spoilers for both games might be shared. You have been warned. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this story. If you'd like to see this as a full story, tell me in the comments and I might do it. Thanks for reading!

PS: Both modern and classic Sonic make an appearance in this story so I'm sorry if it's a bit difficult to tell them apart at times. Also, classic Sonic can's speak. Like I said before, I got as much info as I could. Plus, this is a fanfiction after all so it's going to have its own unique little twists here and there. Again, I hope you enjoy and thanks for reading this story!

Disclaimer: This is merely a fan fiction created by a loving fan and is in no way canon to either of the games in any way. Furthermore, I do not own Mario, Sonic, or any other characters that appear in this story, nor do I own or work for Nintendo or Saga. All Mario series characters belong to Nintendo and all Sonic series characters belong to Sega.)

* * * * *

Our story begins in the skies above a city. Chaos and destruction were everywhere. The city was being reduced to flames and rubble by some giant robots that kept shooting lasers everywhere. Above them was an airship, Bowser's Airship. On board was the Koopa King himself, Mario and Peach. Bowser was wearing a formal white dress shirt and a white top hat as if he was about to get married. Peach was wearing a cute little tiara on top of her head. The tiara also had eyes and sometimes wiggled a bit.

Bowser threw a punch at Mario who just managed to jump back out of the way in time. Bowser then jumped into the air in an attempt to crush Mario. Thankfully, Mario dived out of the way of that attack too. Bowser turned to face Mario and clenched his fists. Fire formed in his mouth. He then lifted his head and then quickly moved it down causing a fireball to fly towards Mario. Thankfully, Mario managed to sidestep out of the way of that attack too.

After dodging all of Bowser's attacks, Mario was exhausted. He had been trying to rescue Peach from Bowser ever since he arrived at Peache's Castle in his fancy new white airship. It felt like it had been an hour. Mario put his hands on his knees as he breathed heavily. Bowser, realizing Mario was exhausted, laughed.

"This is the end..." Bowser said grabbing his hat with his hand. "For you!" With a quick hand movement, Bowser flung his top hat off of his head and towards Mario. Mario took a step to the side. It nearly hit his head but it did cause his hat to fly off. Mario, thinking the attack was over, got into a fighting stance. However, before he could make a move, Peach called out to him.

"Look out!" Mario looked behind to see the hat flying straight towards him. There was no reaction time. The hat hit him and sent him flying through the air off of the ship. Peach extended a hand in the direction Mario flew "Mario!" The tiara on her head wiggled a bit with sad looking eyes.

Mario's hat floated down on the ground in front of Bowser. In response, Bowser lifted a foot and stomped on the hat with a grin. He then picked up Peach and looked in the direction Mario flew. "Time for my wedding with Peach! Jealous, Mario?!" Bowser let out a booming laugh as he tipped his hat in the direction Mario flew. Peach tried calling for help but to no avail. No one could hear her.

As Bowser walked to another side of the airship with Peach, Mario's hat was picked up by the wind. It flew to the back of the ship and into one of the propellers, slicing the hat into several pieces. Mario's most important clothing item was gone... or was it? A little ghost that looked like a top hat grabbed a piece of Mario's hat. After giving Bowser's airship an angry look, the ghost looked at the piece of the hat he had caught. It just so happened to be the piece with Mario's signature M on it. The ghost looked towards where Mario flew off to and started floating towards his location.