Prologue

Steven's P.O.V

I walked through my hideout looking at each of my warriors. They were training. A few of them stopped to salute me. I saluted back. I had to keep them loyal to me. They were the only way I would get my revenge. I am a vampire. I'm also the son of the first vampire. I'm his only child. Even though I'm only about eighteen in appearance I'm actually thousands of years old.

I don't know my mother. I don't know her name or even what she looked like. After I was born my father took me and left her. We moved around a lot, but my father never let me be in the same town as him. He always made me stay in the next town over with one of his maids. I didn't know why. But when I was twelve he told me the truth. He was a vampire and I soon would be too. That not only were vampires real but werewolves too. And my father hated them. He made it his life mission to kill them all and their mates. He did it all to avenge his sister and my aunt Rosa.

When I was sixteen I metamorphosed into a vampire. My father taught me to control my thirst and I grew to love being a vampire. I was super fast and strong. I had super senses and was almost indestructible. The more I liked being a vampire the closer I got to my father. Our bond was a strong one.

At least it was before they him. Werewolf mates. They killed him together. As usual I was in the next town while my father went to kill a werewolf he had found. He was gone for a week. I had gotten worried. He was never gone this long ever. I went to the town he was in and looked for him. I found his dead body in an old shack. I smelled two people on him. I tracked them down and found them. But I didn't dare go after them. If they could kill my father who was stronger and older than me then they would easily kill me. I vowed to continue my father's business. Starting with them.

I had passed most of my warriors by now. I was gathering an army of vampires to help my fight werewolves and their mates. In two months I had gathered exactly three hundred and nineteen warriors. I thought it was pretty impressive. I passed a group of six men standing in a circle talking to each other. From the way they looked and smelled they hadn't trained at all today.

"Get training!" I ordered them. They flinched and started fighting amongst themselves. That was better. I was happy with my army. Watch out werewolves we're coming for you soon.

~Hey guys! Here's the prologue to The Fight of Their Lives, the sequel to The Human Mate!! I hope you like it! Remember to vote, fan, and comment!~