Chapter Two

Bryan's P.O.V

I ran my fingers over the ring that I hoped in a few hours would be on Avery's finger as I looked across the clearing. It was the perfect place for the proposal. I walked through the places in the clearing that I planned to show Avery to make sure everything was perfect.

When I was satisfied everything was perfect I turned into my midnight black wolf form and ran to get Avery at my house. When I got to the house she was laying in our hammock reading a book in the backyard. I changed back into my human form and took a minute to watch her. She looked so beautiful laying in the hammock with the wind blowing her hair.

I walked over to the hammock and laid down beside her. She pretended not to notice me for a few minutes before looking up from her book.

"Can I help you?" she said slyly. I reached over and ran my fingers through her hair. It was soft and silky between my fingers.

"Will you come with me?" I asked her. She looked curious.

"Where?" she asked. I smiled. That meant she would come.

"It's a surprise," I said mysteriously getting off the hammock. I reached for her hand and pulled her off the hammock.

"Where are we going, Bryan?" she asked.

"You'll see," I told her. She pouted. "You're going to like it." She pouted even more. She looked so cute. I pulled her to my truck.

"Wow your truck. How exciting!" she said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and opened the passenger side door for her. She got in and pouted. I smiled again and shut the door. I walked around the truck and got in the driver's side. I started the engine and backed out the driveway. We drove for about five minutes.

"Bryan, where are we going?" she asked. "And why are we driving? We are werewolves after all!" she exclaimed.

"It's better if we drive," I said.

"Are we there yet," I whined. I smiled.

"Not yet," I said patiently. We drove for about ten more minutes. She was bouncing in my seat. She looked so excited. I hoped she would still be excited when I popped the question. I looked over at her and laughed. "We're almost there," I said, taking her hand. After another five minutes I parked the truck in front of the forest and got out. I walked around to her side of the truck, opened the door and helped her out. She smiled.

Taking her hand I led me through the woods. She was getting even more excited. After about ten minutes of walking we arrived in the beautiful clearing I had set up. She slipped away from me and walked around looking at everything.

"Do you like it?" I asked coming to stand behind her. She turned around and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I love it," she whispered and pressing her lips to mine. I kissed her back willingly. We pulled away for air after a minute or two. We smiled at each other and I took my hand and led her to a picnic basket that sat in the middle on the clearing. I opened the picnic basket and pulled out a red checkered blanket and spread it out on the ground.

I took her hand and gently pulled me down onto the blanket. I reached into the basket and pulled out bologna and cheese sandwiches and bottles of lemonade. I handed me a sandwich and a bottle of lemonade.

"So we're having a picnic?" she asked. "That's what you wouldn't tell me?"

"Yes, we're having a picnic. And no that's not the surprise," I said slyly taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Come on!" she groaned. I laughed. She took a sip of lemonade. "Are you sure you can't tell me?" she begged.

"Nope, but good try," I said. She took a bite of my sandwich. It was delicious. After about ten minutes we were done eating.

"I'm full," she said. I reached into the picnic basket and pulled out two pieces of chocolate cake. I looked over at her to see her looking at it.

"Still full?" I asked.

"Of course not," she replied. I laughed and handed me a piece of cake and a fork. She cut off a piece with her fork and ate it. I ate mine too. We both finished our pieces in five minutes. I started cleaning up and she reached over to help him. When everything was back in the picnic basket she crawled over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. I pulled me onto his lap. "This was the best picnic ever."

"I'm glad you liked it," I said stroking her hair. We sat like that for about ten minutes. "Come on. Let's go on a boat ride," I whispered in her ear.

"Okay," she said getting off my lap and standing up. I stood up and took her hand and led her to the canoe. I lifted her into it, causing her to smile, and pushed it into the water. I jumped in and began rowing. She was facing backward. "Where did you get the canoe?" she asked me.

"I'll never tell," I said slyly. She reached over and slapped me arm causing me to jerk the boat hard to the right. I glared at me in mock anger. "If you plan on staying in the boat I wouldn't slap me," I warned. She rolled her eyes. I rowed us down the river for a while. Avery caught a pretty green butterfly on her finger. I smiled at her while she held it. Unfortunately it flew away.

I stopped the canoe. We were here. This was it.

"What wrong?" she asked.

"Avery turn around," I said trying to keep voice and face completely expressionless even though I was dead nervous. She turned around and saw the banner that said.

Will you marry me Avery?

Before she turned around I quickly reached into my pocket and pulled out the ring box with the ring inside it. She turned to look at me.

"Avery, from the moment I first laid eyes on you I knew I was in love. Not because we're mate, but because you're you. We've been through so much together and our love has only gotten stronger. I feel completely empty when you're not by my side. I would rather die than be apart from you. I will never leave you. I love you my smart, beautiful mate. Will you marry me?" Tear immediately sprang to her eyes. She was killing me! I was sitting here in such a vulnerable position.

"Yes, I will," she whispered. I could have jumped for joy. I took the ring and held it so she could see under the gem on the band. There were words on it. They said. I love you. She smiled so big. I took her left hand in mine and placed the ring on her ring finger. Then I kissed the ring on her finger. I looked up and smiled at her. She smiled at me through her tears. I reached up and wiped away the few that had escaped down her checks. I was luckiest guy on Earth.

We rowed down the river for a while basking in our love before we rowed back to where we started and walked back to my truck. We didn't let go of each other's hand the entire time. By the time we got back to our house it was dark. I cut the engine and looked over at Avery. She was fast asleep. I smiled. She was so cute when she was sleeping.

I got out the car and went over to Avery's door. I opened it and gently lifted her from the car and walked her inside. Taking off her jacket and her shoes I laid her on the bed, under the covers, and tucked her in. Taking off my shoes and jacket I shut off the light and got into bed next to her.

"I love you, Avery," I whispered to her and leaned down and kissed her forehead. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her to my chest. She curled into me in her sleep. I smiled down and her. I thought about the future we could have together now that we are getting married. Soon I fell asleep too next to my beautiful fiance who was now mine.

~Hey guys! Here's the next chapter finally! I hope you liked it! This chapter is dedicated to Aleka446 for being the best best friend ever! Thanks for reading! Remember to vote, fan, and comment!~