Chapter 15 -The After the Date-ish Thing

Thanks to my friend Troy (@achilllean) for the new cover! (Also, the gif doesn't relate to this chapter. I just like it)

"Jeremy!"

The wall was hissing at Jeremy. He was a little worried about that, but not worried enough to stop and check. After all, it was roast beef day and there was no way Jeremy was missing roast beef day. So he kept going.

"Jeremyyyyyyy!"

Now the wall was whining, and Jeremy was having none of that. He particularly hated when people - or things - whined. He turned to face the wall with his hands on his hips and demanded, "What do you want?"

Draco's head popped out from behind a tapestry and motioned frantically to Jeremy. With a sigh, Jeremy followed Draco into the small alcove and hissed, "What Draco? If you Luna sat a table over at supper and you thought it was a date again, I swear I will disembowel you. I am not explaining the seating arrangement in the Great Hall again. Ravenclaws sit next to Slytherins. It's just how it is. Honestly, you should know this. You've been here long enough. Now tell me you're not worrying about the possibility that you had a date with Luna."

"But that's what happened! We went stargazing and I don't know if it was a date or not!"

Jeremy was silent for a long time. So silent, in fact, that Draco started to get hopeful that Jeremy was actually considering his predicament. But then Jeremy's face started turning rd, then purple, and Draco knew he was a lost cause.

"YOU MEAN TO TELL ME I'M MISSING SUPPER BECAUSE YOU DID THE SINGLE MOST DATE-Y THING YOU COULD POSSIBLY DO AT SCHOOL AND YOU DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS A DATE?!"

"We, um, we never really said the word date?"

"I DON'T BLOODY CARE IF BLOODY MERLIN CAME BACK TO LIFE TO TELL YOU THAT YOU DIDN'T ACTUALLY SAY THE WORD DATE! YOU SHOULD BE SMART ENOUGH TO TELL IF IT WAS A DATE OR NOT!"

"But....how do I know for sure?"

"I DON'T KNOW! JUST THINK ON IT YOU WANKER," Jeremy yelled so loudly that Draco jumped and turned around to run away, bumped his head on the stone wall behind him, and slumped over, unconscious.

• • •

Draco woke up to two very large, dreamy eyes that were silvery-blue. Or maybe they were grey. Or maybe just blue? Now seemed like the perfect time to try and figure it out.

So Draco opened both eyes, but as soon as he did, the eyes disappeared. Somewhere above him, he heard a very familiar voice say, "Madame Pomfrey, he's awake!"

And the nice eyes were replaced by a wrinkly face with squinty eyes. Draco closed his eyes again with a groan. He didn't have time to deal with this. If he wasn't going to be looking at very nice silver-blue-grey eyes, he wasn't going to be awake.

• • •

Beside Draco's bed in the Infirmary, Luna was perched on a chair with her hands folded primly on her lap. Next to her, Jeremy was slouched in a chair with his arms crossed and a massive scowl on his face. He was muttering to himself under his breath about wankers and missed supper. Luna thought he perhaps needed someone to examine him for Picnixies, a race known to be unbelievable hungry and grouchy all the time. However, before Luna could suggest he be examined, Jeremy suddenly blurted out, "Hey, Luna? You know when you were stargazing with Draco the other day? Was that a date?"

"I'm quite sure it was, yes."

Jeremy grinned fiercely and turned to Draco's unconscious form, "I was right you complete idiot! You absolute, gargantuan, gormless knob head! I was RIGHT! So you can go eat shit, and you owe me supper! You're mad as a bag of ferrets, thinking it wasn't a date!"