Part 1

Mother: (Y/N)! The laundry is not going to clean by themselves you know!

Your step mother shouted from the living room. You sighed before placing down your pen on your assignment. You had alot to finish but you know you cant ignore her. You dragged yourself out of your room and head down the stairs to the living room.

Mother: What took you so long to come down? You have not finished your chores and you are busy doing something else. Now go and finish all of them before i kick you out of the house.

You: Yes mother.

You nodded and proceeded to the kitchen to do the laundry. Afterwards, you went to the refrigerator to look at the to-do list.

wash the dishes
mop the floor
clean the windows
cook dinner

Your vision became blur, holding back your tears. How am i suppose to finish all this and my assignments, plus her assignments too? When is it going to end?

*10 years ago*

You are a child that had to be given away. Your father had divorved with your mum, leaving her alone with you in the cold, rainy night. He kicked the both of you out of the house and expected your mother to find her own shelter, which she fails to do so.

*knock knock*
Please.. Help me.. Take care of her well. I cannot support her financially so im pleading you to raise her. I really need your sincere help.

That was what was written on a piece of paper. You still remembered clearly, holding it in your hands as your mum runs away limping. The door opened, and your new life started. Your mum thought that you would live a better life, living in a rich family, but she was wrong. You had turned into a maid in the house. You were always abused. Your step sister, Pearl, always gives you her assignments for you to finish. So instead of just doing yours, you had to do double. Pearl is considered the most prettiest girl in school. She is always followed by this group of 5 extremely handsome guys who calls themselves Exo. They would never let Pearl get hurt and would never let any guy get through them to woo their precious love. They consist of Baekhyun, the leader, Suho, the smart one, Sehun, the care-free, Kai, the dance freak and D.O, the funny one. She would be surrounded by them everywhere she go and you would be walking silently at the back, not being able to share the fame.

You ran quickly up the stairs to your room after finished cleaning up the house and making dinner. You have to finish your assignment, including Pearl's. You rushed through, burning your midnight oil and finished it at 4am. You sighed in relief before going to bed and prepare for school tomorrow.

SPLASH

You opened your eyes wide and sat up. Pearl had just pour a bucket of water on you and staring with arms cross.

Pearl: Am i suppose to wait and ask you to give my finished assignment? Or are you going to take it now before i do something worse?

You tried your best not to blow up. She never have said a single thank you for doing all her assignments all this while and here she is, not feeling guilty for pouring a pail of cold water on you.

You walked towards your drawer and took out her assignment. She snatched it away from you and stomped off. You shook your head and sighed. She will never change.

You prepared yourself for school and went out of the house. You sat on the doorstep and waited for the 'princess' to finish up her make up and other stuff. Princess. Thats what Exo call her.

You were playing with your fingers when you saw Exo approaching you.

Baekhyun: Where is our princess?

Sehun: Is she pretty yet?

Kai: What do you mean 'is she pretty yet?' She is always pretty.

D.O: Yeah. Whats wrong with you, Sehun? Got a brain damage?

Sehun: Fine. What i meant was 'is she prettier yet?' Happy? Geez.

Suho: Correction. Its prettiest. Not just prettier.

Baekhyun: Shut up guys. (Y/N), where is our princess? She is taking too long. She is not sick right?

You: She is inside and no, she is not.

You answered after hearing them quarreling about her being pretty. You looked at your watch. It has been 20 minutes since you have been waiting for her and she is still not ready.

Pearl: Hi guys. Im sorry im late. I couldnt find my blusher, but i found it under my bed eventually.

You rolled your eyes. No one needs to know that.

Baekhyun: No no. Its okay. I was kind of worried that you might be sick.

Pearl chuckled.

Pearl: Oh Baekkie, you are always caring about me.

You could see Baekhyun blushed a little but you dont feel like she is worth blushing for. Pearl looked at you and dropped her books on your lap.

Pearl: Carry those as usual.

She walked away with the boys following her every step. You watched and thought how they could like that kind of girl. You stood up, carried the books and walked slowly behind.

Teacher: Class, we have a new student joining us today. His name is Chanyeol and i hope you all will get to know him better. Chanyeol, you may sit beside (Y/N) for now as her partner had just transferred schools.

You looked at him. His skin was milky white and he wore spectacles. He was really tall and skinny. He was really handsome. To you, he was even more handsome than those boys in Exo.

Chanyeol: Hello. Im Chanyeol. Whats your name?

You were taken aback by his voice. It was so deep that it made your heart skip a beat. That voice with that cute face? How can that be?..

You: Im (Y/N).

Chanyeol. Wow. Such a nice name.

You smiled shyly upon his praise and continued focusing on the lesson. School might finally turn into a wonderful place to study in with him around, you thought.