Part 5

You decided to go to your room to finish up your assignments. Just when you took the first step of stairs, Pearl called your name.

You: Yes, Pearl?

Pearl: I want you to meet Sehun after school tomorrow. He has something important to tell you.

You: What is it?

Pearl: You dont have to ask. You will know tomorrow.

You nodded and head upstairs. After you finished both yours and Pearl's assignments, you went to your stepmother's room to clean up the coffee she drank just now.

You: Mother, may i come in? I need to clean up your coffee.

You opened the door when you heard her hummed in response. You went to her desk and placed the empty cup on a tray that you brought along. You also scooped up some crumbs of biscuits and put it on the tray.

You: Im leaving now, mother.

She hummed again. Her eyes were so focused on her laptop and her fingers kept typing. You thought of her as a person who dont really have a life because all she does is just stay in the room with her laptop and work. You went out of her room and walked down the stairs to the kitchen to wash her cup.

After that, you took the broom and started sweeping the floor. Then, you went to the bathroom to prepare the mop. You started to hum a random song while you were mopping the floor. Suddenly, you heard someone screamed from behind you. You turned around and saw Pearl lying on the floor, barely moving. You were shocked and ran to see if she was fine.

Your eyes went wide when you saw a pool of blood around her head. Her face was pale white and her lips were parting slightly. You started to panick and your mind couldnt think properly.

You: Pearl? Pearl! Wake up!

You shook her to wake her up but to no avail. You reached for the phone to call for the ambulance. You stayed by her side until the paramedics came. Your eyes were tearing up and you know it was your fault. The floor was wet and you didnt put the 'wet floor sign' as usual. You have forgotten.

You got into the ambulance and called Baekhyun immediately to inform about Pearl.

You: H-hello?

Baekhyun: (Y/N)? Is there something urgent?

Baekhyun quickly asked, knowing that you would only call him when there is an emergency.

You: Pearl...

Baekhyun: Why? What happen to her?

You: She's heading to the hospital..

Baekhyun: WHAT?! I TOLD YOU TO TAKE CARE OF HER!

You: I-im sorry..

Baekhyun: UGH! *sighs* I'll get the boys and i'll meet you there. You better stay with her.

Baekhyun emphasised the last sentence before hanging up. Your tears were rolling down, feeling guilty of what you had done. You were also scared of what Baekhyun would do to you when he sees you in the hospital.

*In the hospital*

Baekhyun: (Y/N)! Where is Princess?

You: She is being treated by the doctor now.

Suho: Tell us what happenned.

You: I was mopping the floor and i've forgotten to put the 'wet floor sign'. I think she didnt know that the floor was wet and she slipped. And.. It was scary.. The blood.. Around her head.. And her face was so pale.. It was really scary..

Your eyes were tearing again, remembering about how Pearl looked like at that time. Sehun pat your back and gave you a smile to comfort you but immediately changed his expression when Baekhyun gave him a deadly glare.

D.O: Its not your fault, (Y/N).. Everyone makes mistakes.

Baekhyun: No. She is not exceptional. I gave her the responsibility of taking care of Princess and she didnt take it seriously. And because of that, she will-

Kai: No, Baekhyun! She is a girl! Give her a chance..

Sehun: Are you seriously going to do that to her?

Baekhyun: DO NOT ask me anymore questions. My decision is made.

Suho: But Baekhyun-

Baekhyun: I said no more.

Baekhyun folded his arms and walked away. You looked at Sehun who was beside you in confusion.

You: What are you guys talking about? Am i suppose to receive a punishment?

Sehun: I.. Dont know..

D.O: We need to stop him.

Kai: But how? He doesnt listen to anyone except Princess.

D.O: Suho! He listens to you. You're like the second leader.

Suho: Didnt you see he cut me when i talked just now? If he already made a decision, no one can change it except Princess.

Kai: Then maybe (Y/N) can talk to Princess..

You looked at Kai surprised.

You: I made her fall. How is she going to listen to me?

D.O grabbed his hair in frustration.

D.O: We cant let Baekhyun do that to (Y/N).

You: What is it that he will do to me?

Suho: Something you definitely dont want to experience..

Sehun: Especially if Baekhyun is the one in control..