Live and Let Love

It was visition day.
Not in prison, but in Piper's family.

Everyone had just finished eating, now chatting around the big squre dinning table. Carol, Piper and Alex, with Cal and Nerry's advices, were discussing some wedding plans. They haven't had much progress though, because it was pretty hard to stay focused with Cal and Alex dropping sarcastic jokes every once in awhile, leaving all people around the table cracking up.

Alex was starting to feel comfortable with Piper's family, as it seemed they had finally accepted her in. She'd found out Cal was very much like her, and had had some really nice conversations with him, discovering he is wiser than she imagined. Even with Piper's mom, Carol, Alex was eventually getting along. Carol had realized that Alex made Piper happy, and that's what matters. She decided to abandon her prejudice thoughts and concentrate on Piper's will to marry the woman she loves. This made Piper worship her mother a little more, after years of being disappointed by her. Alex helped of course, telling Piper that her mom loves her, even if she thinks she doesn't, and it's best to understand as soon as possible before it's too late. Piper listened closely to Alex, aware that unfortunately she had learnt it the hard way.

Piper was content that Alex had been welcomed by her family, well, by most of them, at least.

Piper thinks about the dark side in her life, the person who always has and always will try to wreck everything good in her life: her father.

If you assume Piper's relationship with her mom was rocky, things with her father were ten times worse. She's spent years not talking to him when she was a teenager, accusing him of having an affair outside marriage, making the family fall apart. One of the main reasons Piper had troubled relaionship with her mom is because Piper was so upset she didn't break up with him, although she knew for sure he was cheating on her. Thoughts like how could she let him ruin their family like that without doing anything, killed her. Piper judged her mother for being too weak to face their problems, too chicken to split.

It's hilarious how ironic this is though, Piper wandered to herself, as she gazed over the man at the end of the table who she refuses to call her father sometimes. After years of suffering, there Piper was, having dinner with him, letting him in, sharing her life with him. It happens a lot when Piper thinks about how she could be doing it forever, avoiding him, shutting him out just like she had been doing back in high school. But she didn't. She embraced forgiveness. This was also part of the big change a girl named Alex Vause had endured in her.

With her wisdom and full life experience, Alex had convinced Piper, even without words, that family is the most important thing. People fuck up bad, so extremely bad, but a family is all we have left, without them, we'd be lost. If her mom stayed with her dad even though he betrayed her, it has to be for that reason, Alex told her. Piper agreed to re-connect with him, but they both have long way to go before she could actually forgive him.

For starters, she wished he would accept Alex to the family just like everybody else had done already.

Piper scrolled through her iphone, searching for venues the wedding could possible take place at. Carol loved the first one Piper checked out, Alex, on the other hand, didn't want it to be so fancy. Piper could use another opinion. "So dad, what do you think? Do you prefer the first venue we checked out or maybe the second?" She suddenly snapped with a cheerful voice, hoping her father would ease the decision. Everyone else stopped talking, expecting to hear his respond.

"I didn't pay much attention to the details." Bill coldly said, not even looking his daughter in the eye.

"Wanna look it up?" Piper handed him the phone, which he didn't take.

"Are you seriously not going to say anything?" It was crystal clear Piper was deeply hurt by now, unsatisfied with his reaction. She had been giving him so many chances to build up, basically, she had been giving him world of chances, chances that he easily burnt through. Tears were threating to escape, but Piper sucked them in, not daring to crack infront of him again. Blocking away her tears only made Piper receive the opposite result of what she wanted; the feelings were starting to float, getting powerful, she didn't know how much time she would last like this.