Forget Her

Part one

Alex and I were walking down the cold sreets of New-York, cracking up about the show we've just watched. We went to see a 'Jeff Buckley Tribute Show' Alex had heard of, which sucked, and turned out to be a complete joke. The band which performed all of Jeff's greatest hits ended up ruining his songs. They probably lacked rehearsals... Or maybe... talent.. We were mostly mocking the lead singer, whose voice sounds like a bruised frog. But, the show wasn't a total fail though. The band did manage to play one song correctly. It was full of emotions and special. I think it's called 'Forget Her'.

Alex was disappointed to see random musicians wreck Jeff's music. She loves Jeff Buckley so much. Actually, love is too small of a word to describe what she feels towards his music, he's basically her favorite artist in the world. I can tell by the way her eyes shut closed when she listens to him, or when I catch her read some articles about him and his influential music from time to time. She was very excited to take me to see a show that's all about him. I've been asking her to indroduce me to his music for a long time now, curious on what was about him she admired so much.

Jeff passed away 5 years ago. And everytime someone brings up that subject I swear to god I can see tears in Alex's eyes. I don't get it actually. I mean, I understand she feels emotionally connected to him and his music, but she grieves him like she knew him in real life. It's a bit odd. But then again, if I'm going to marry her I'll have to accept all of her werid sides and obsessions.

Although the show was disappointing, it was such a fun night. I will never get enough of our night outs. We don't need to even do anything, Alex's such a good company to me and I'm always having the time of my life around her.

We got into our condo, still all laughing and enjoying ourselfs. Alex fell on the sofa, releasing a big sigh she was holding, relaxing her laughter. I stood in front of the mirror and untied my earnings. Soon, I took my shirt off in order to change into comfortable pajamas.

"Come here." She said, watching me undress myself. I smiled.

I've been waiting to hear that.

I stepped closer to her, shirtless, (I didn't get enough time to wear my pajama) and sat on her lap. I lean in to kiss her. She didn't do anything, just laid back on the sofa, kissing me back. Then pulled away to speak.

"I know the show was terrible. I'll play some of his songs to you on spotify later." She caressed my hair. I nodded and hugged her tightly. "It didn't stop me from having a great time. I love you."

"I love you too, Pipes."

I thought in for a second, douting if I should bring something up.

I couldn't stop myself.

"I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow."

She groaned.

"Babe, can we not talk about it right now?"

"I'm sad."

"Then I shouldn't go."

"No, go!"

"Pipes. I'm being whiplashed here." She stood up, removing me from her. I insisted and pulled her down.

"No! Baby.. I'm sorry. You should go."

The thing is Alex has been promoted, she is currently one of the Tony's Caffe managers. This made her so busy lately, and she has to go on a buisness trip for 3 weeks tomorrow, in order to extend the buisness. I wanted to come too, but couldn't get out of work for so long. Alex felt bad for leaving me so she was just about to pass, but I convinced her this is important, and she shouldn't ditch what she has been working her ass for so hard.