ACTION PLAN

The next day I told Linda, during our coffee session, about the plan I had come up with.

"So my dad is about to collaborate with RT company. We just have to blow the deal off and blame it on the chick." I stated as I tied my hair up in a messy bun.

"You mean the RT company?" Linda raised her brows, "Shouldn't this deal be important then? It will bring in a lot of money."

"Linda", I stared at her in disbelief, "who cares about the money. Family is the most important thing. It is the strength you need to survive."

She nodded.

"How did this all happen so suddenly?" She asked.

"I'm sure God placed other people in our lives to make it easier. But they only make it harder. I guess it's every freaking man for himself." I inhaled a shallow breath and then struggled for another.

"You know I'm here for you Haze."

"That is what I love the most about you." I smiled and bent forward to hug her.

"Forever?" she said.

I always replied to her forever with a forever but this time,

"Till death do us apart." was all I that I could say.

We hugged for just a moment but it felt like it repaired me. Like the broken pieces finally fell back in their places. Best friends soothe you in a way nobody else can.

"So", I mumbled, "tell me how to get this deal cancelled."

"Get more information out of your dad and then we'll see."

"You bloody interns are suppose to be working." Someone shouted. I turned around.

Sir Richard? Ugh! why do I keep forgetting that this angry fellow was my boss once. I thought.

"S-sorry Sir." Linda stuttered. We hurried out of the cafe because it seemed like his furious eyes would come out of their sockets anytime.

"He is an ass. I wonder if we'll be able to get a job here after our internship ends."

I did not reply. Just smiled for I knew we would.

"Dinner's ready." Mom hollered and we all gathered.

Everyone's in a good mood. I thought. Now's the time.

"So dad, how's your deal going?"

"We had a meeting with that shareholder." He took a sip of chilled coke. "But we have decided to keep the deal confidential. If exposed, it might get cancelled."

I raised a brow. This was the needle I needed to burst the balloon.

I did know that daddy would do the dirty business once more and it would cut the last string holding our family together. But I did not remember when exactly.

"8 days." I whispered. My eyes flickered in darkness due to exhaustion.

"Linda's here to pick you up." My dad shouted.

"Be there." I shouted louder.

Getting ready was the worst part of the day for me. So many decisions in such a short time. Which dress should I wear? How should I make my hair? Winged eyeliner? I can't even find my liner when I'm in a hurry.

"Screw it." I muttered and then hurried down. Nothing's worst then seeing Linda's annoyed face after I make her wait.

"Bye Honey." Mom said.

I got into Linda's car.

"Yo! Whats up?"

I hugged her and clapped.