AND IT ENDS

Regrets. They are like an X ingredient poured in when every human was being created. No matter how you live or whenever you die, you'll have them. You keep on telling yourself what happened. That it is time to move on and focus on the next move. But somewhere in the back of your mind are shadows you choose to ignore, caged moments you cannot set free.
It all starts with if only and ends with a heartache.
If only I had told Mason I loved him when I should have.
"Because I love you. Not only the parts you show the world but those that you're scared to show." He flashed a smile that made my insides tied in knots.
"You're the patty to my burger." He made an attempt to make me smile as he noticed bright tears.
I knew how this was going to end and I begged for it to change.
"And I know I'm moving but I swear we can make this work." He placed his forehead on mine.
I smiled. Time flew as I could finally freely tell Mason what I really felt about him. The captive love inside of me was set free and there was no limit to it. I felt safe with Mason even if I had secrets. This was a beginning of another beautiful chapter that'll end with death. This was my happy ending.
No one's ever ready to depart. We always expect there will be another day, another chance. We are always in denial when it comes to death.
So the last day arrived and so did Laura.
"Your time has come yet again Hazel." She politely said.
"I know." Tears blurred my vision.
"You've beautifully utilized these 6 weeks. We were really happy that we granted those to you." She took my face in between her hands.
"But now it's time. We have to go." She offered me her hand.
With a flash, we were in that hospital room. She learned how to fly safely afterall. It was 2017 again. My body laid on the bed, still surrouned by all the machines. But things were different this time. Mom's head was on dad's shoulder and their hands were tightly clasped. I smiled. Linda stood there and with a thud, the door opened. Mason made his way in, out of breath.
"Hazel!" He looked a complete mess.
"What happened to her? What did the doctor say?" He turned towards my parents.
My dad only shook his head as mom covered her face with her hand.
I have to believe that there will be another life. That we will fall in love all over again. I thought.
I know I will savour each memory so strongly that it will almost live once more. I know that the strands of love will keep us together even when we are far apart. You all are always going to be just a thought away. I love you all. And love that is the strongest glue, the path that never ends.
Leaving is not easy when it is the only option available. But I had to do what I was born to do.
They all cried as the machine recording my heart beat began producing noises that gathered doctors and nurses. The bumps in the screen became flat-er. I saw my family backing away and the doctors pouring in efforts to undo something that was written to happen.
My energy level became zero as a dark void consumed everything. I felt my body shutting down and it felt like not enough blood reached my brain or heart. The line became flat. Finally, I was dead.
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Heyyy!!! So finally this ended and oh my God I'm sooo happy. Thank you for reading this. You people make me soo happy. I hope this book gets recognized because I've poured in a lot of efforts and emotions. In the end I'd thank my sister who was my biggest support throughout. Stay blessed ya'll.