Prologue

In the sky above Tatorubakku a silver dragon streaked through the sky, it's shrieking cry made old, young, and whole families from numerous villages step outside and stop what they were doing. It's blood turned into a glittering dust falling from the sky. Some people began to kowtow and pray to the beautiful creature even though they knew it was on it's last journey to a resting place. After the dragon passed not five minutes later a rainbow of streaks flew fast in it's direction, chasing it down. The backlash of their speed tore trees up and many people blew out blood as their internal organs collapsed.

People began crying out "Gods save us". There was no gods to save them that day and it would prove a turning point for the whole continent. The land seemed to crumble under the wind that whipped out like a sharp blade in the wake of that rainbow. In the distance the dragon began to shrink but it was still large considering it started off almost 140 meters long. It seemed to be thrashing in the sky as it slowly shrunk as more of it's blood fell out and fell to the forests, lands, and villages it passed over.

The dragon had long forgotten how long it had been trying to escape from it's pursuers. The time was almost upon it, as it slowly became less than 2 meters long. It shot straight down into a forested area whereupon a cave appeared before it. Landing upon the moist damp grass before the cave, the dragon used the last of it's strength to climb into the cave. Overhead the rainbow streaked past the cave the dragon hid in. It slowly sank to the ground as it's blood pooled beneath it. When finally it let out one last breath, the blood began to condense as it started glowing. Illuminating the cave, the dragons body began to shrink before the light grew too bright.

In the time for an incense stick to burn, the light began to dissipate and turn to a magical shimmering that condensed inside of a formless object in the center. As it completely took shape a loud cry of a baby could be heard. The child was a little boy with a head of black curly locks. When he cried out his eyes scrunched up as his little hands waved in the air trying to grasp for something that wasn't there. Soon many hours passed but the child still cried as if he were mourning the last remnants of his past life.

As the sky began to darken and the moon rose for the night there was a noise outside of the cave and the child seemed to stop crying to listen. When the baby heard a scuff noise he began to cry anew with a ferver of being taken off the cold damp ground. Soon a beautiful woman appeared in the entrance of the cave. The moon shone on half of her face but what you could see would make any man believe she was a Goddess. She had jade skin, light brown wavy hair that fell to her waist and upturned hazel eyes that flashed with intelligence and a hint of sadness.

She quickly inspected the dark cave and noticed the little boy immediately, as he was wailing at the top of his little lungs. Akemi had been traveling to a nearby village when the "Blood Rainbow" day began. She had less than half a days travel to finally make it back to her small village nearby when the trees began to blow furriously and the sky seemed to split with the pressures of the heavens. Akemi had found a small hole made out of a couple of large boulders and squeezed inside even though it might have been more dangerous than staying outside. The howling winds blew inside the hole and caused her eyes to tear up from the violent whips that landed on her body.

Outside of her rock enclosure the blood of the dragon had fallen from the sky and was swept up by the wind. The wind seemed to carry a will of it's own as it shot straight towards where Akemi had been taking shelter. It struck her in the chest and the magical blood sank underneath her clothes. She looked down but all she could see was the silk of her wrap shirt still intact. As the winds had died down she had left the place she had shoved herself into and begun to walk aimlessly. Akemi knew she was walking in the wrong direction than her village but she felt like she was being pulled towards something.

She had only recently turned 24 and a lot of the local men of her village had asked for her hand in marriage but she didn't want anyone coming between her and the Gods she worshipped. Almost all her days she spent cleaning the tiny courtyard in the middle of her squared dwelling. People came to visit and kowtow before the meager amount of horribly stone crafted statues of a couple gods. She had also collected some paintings with a little bit of the silver she recieved from the locals who came to give offerings to the gods.

Akemi had been raised by her mother to become a holy woman when she was just a child but when her mother had gotten a terrible sickness no one, not even the gods could or would save her.

With her final breath Akemi's mother had looked into her hazel eyes and said "I will go into the reincarnation pool soon. You mustn't blame the God's for the fate I was given. You must promise me that you'll continue to worship them and take care of this place. I love you Akemi." As her eyes had slowly faded of all color Akemi hadn't shed a single tear, only eighteen with no family left. She had to be strong and forge her own way in this world.

Now here she was at 24, standing in the entrance of a cavern and staring down at an adorable baby boy. Sure she couldn't devote her life to another man because almost all of her love was cast towards the Gods but this one time she took the baby into her arms. As she did it was as if the pressure from her chest had finally retreated and she could breathe again. Akemi looked down at the baby with his soft skin and silky black curls. The boys eyes slid open and bright glaciel blue eyes stared up at her, for a moment she thought they flashed yellow but then it was gone.

"The Gods must have brought me here to you. It's very curious how you even survived those winds not long ago." She muttered out loud as she glanced around searching for maybe an injured person who undoubtedly brought the baby into this dark place. Sadly there wasn't even a scrap of cloth in the dank place.

"Well, since you seem to be alone and I can't just leave you here, I'll bring you back to my village and you can stay with me. First we will have to give you a name--- How about Hikaru? Because you seem to shine even in this dark cavern," she commented as she smiled down at him. As she began to leave the cave she turned back once more with him in her arms, sighed and then began her journey back home.

The land was damaged from the Blood Rainbow day but soon the panic died down and villages began to rebuild. A couple years later Villagers from the West began to turn up dead and news spread across the Continent that demons had taken up residence in the forests. Not only demons but people began to realize that they felt energy that they could unleash suddenly. Soon the continent began to become filled with Mage Classes, Warrior Classes, and even Demonic practioners who made contracts with the Demons in the Forests. Killings were the norm and wars were waged between villages located near each other.

In a small little village near the base of a mountain surrounded by forests was a little boy growing up under the watchful eye of his mother. The other villagers would train the young how to fight and even some would train in magic but only enough to be of use in gathering food. And so Hikaru began to grow into a strong teenaged boy surrounded in love.