Chapter 1.

The next day Yumiko took Kizune out to a near-by village. He wanted to practice his drawing skills by sketching scenery he wasn't familiar with. Naruto had joined them on the walk - usually Kakashi would but he was busy. He wasn't really her boyfriend though, they slept together sometimes. It was more friends with benefits - her and Kakashi. It was the same with Yamato before she ended it as he had fallen in love with her. She wasn't ready for romance. Kakashi had understood but she had noticed his actions were very.. romantic. She worried he was falling.

She wasn't ready to be involved with another man like that. "So.. you and Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto said, interrupting her thoughts. Kizune had been a bit further ahead - where he could be seen but couldn't hear what was spoken. "No, just friends," She said. "I don't know.." Naruto said causing her to roll her eyes. 'This kid..' She thought to herself, shaking her head. "We sleep together sometimes. Is that what you wanted to hear? I'm not interest in love," Yumiko said bluntly. Naruto nodded his head, "After what your last one did to you, I don't blame you," Naruto replied.

"Was that the same with Yamato?" Naruto questioned and Yumi could feel her cheeks reddening. "Yes. But he gained feelings so I left him. That's probably why he isn't seen around us.. at least when me and Kakashi are together. I'm sure he's aware," Yumiko said. Naruto nodded, "I have seen him death glaring Kakashi-sensei a lot.." He said thoughtfully causing Yumiko to laugh. "I'd like to see them battle it out. It wouldn't matter though. If they were both willing to fight for me - I wouldn't choose any of them. I'm not ready for commitment," She said honestly.

"Yeah, I getcha," Naruto said. "So.. Sakura?" She asked, poking at the boys crush. His face reddened, "She likes Sasuke.." He grumbled. She smiled softly at that, "You know Hinata likes you right?" She turned to look at the blonde boy. "What? Really?" Yumiko couldn't help the face she made - is this boy so daft he hadn't realized something as obvious as that? Damn. "It's really obvious Naruto," She said. He looked so surprised before Kizune ran over. "Mama, Naruto-sensei!" He called. Naruto grinned, "He called me sensei," He nudged Yumiko. She laughed and looked at her son.

"I found something super cool!" He said, grabbing their hands and pulling them to a tree where.. a cloak sat. An Akatsuki cloak to be exact. Yumiko had heard the rumors of the Akatsuki and knew who the members were. Kakuzu was one of them. She stepped forward, grabbing the cloak before looking at Naruto. He looked worried. "They... they're really close to the village," Naruto said. Yumiko nodded her head and looked around - she couldn't see or sense anyone. "I would say we should head back and report it but.. I promised Kizune we would do this," She said.

Naruto nodded, watching as Yumiko folded the cloak and stuffed it into her bag, hiding it from sight. "I understand. Let's go," Naruto said. Kizune pouted, "I found it! I want it," He looked at Yumiko with the eyes he shared with his father. He was trying to pull the puppy eyes on her. Naruto laughed and saved her, "Kizune, we need to show Lady Tsunade first. If she says you can have it then you can, alright?" Naruto had bent down to the 2 year old's level and patted his head. "Okay sensei.." Kizune said, pouting before turning around and walking again.

Yumiko stared after him - she knew why he wanted it. Because of his dream. He had seen the Akatsuki members before and wanted to be apart of them. He had spoken about it last night before he fell asleep. She looked at the tree where the cloak was one last time before following after Kizune and Naruto. 'I'm growing more and more worried about you Kizune..' She thought to herself. As they neared the village, Kizune gasped before pulling his art book and pencil from his bag. He sat down and started sketching.

"What are you drawing Kizu?" Naruto asked, plopping down next to him. "I'm drawing the entrance to the village! So I can remember it better when I'm older!" Kizune grinned. 'He's more like Naruto than his own father..' She thought to herself as she watched them. It was cute to say the least. Hell, if he didn't have Kakuzu's eyes she would've doubted he was his. But Kakuzu WAS her first lover.. so she couldn't question who his father was. She sat down on the other side of her son and watched as he sketched. He was so good at drawing - Sai teaching him definitely helped him improve.

It hadn't taken long before Kizune shut the book and jumped up with a grin, "Into the village we go!" He cheered. Yumiko laughed at his enthusiasm before following along. She stopped at the entrance, turning around. She sensed something. Naruto was already ahead with Kizune at least. So she looked around, searching for the presence before her eyes settled on 2 figures in the tree. She tried to identify the faces but she couldn't see them clearly. But she knew one thing - they were powerful, and they were watching her. She immediately rushed after Naruto and Kizune.

~+~

Kakuzu and Hidan stood in the trees, watching them. "Old man.. that child has your eyes," Hidan commented. Kakuzu grunted at his comment, eyes focused on his love. She could see him. She was looking directly at him. He watched her until she turned, running off to chase after the little boy and the blonde kid. "I don't suppose you have a twin?" Hidan said, looking at his team mate who shook his head. "No. I don't. But I knew her once. I loved her and I thought I killed her," Kakuzu said.

"But she's alive.. and that's my kid."