2- The Tech Freak

Lightning glows in my palms. "You said you wanted to practice."
Barry pants from his place on the floor, "not like this, at five o' clock in the morning." The gym I train in is empty at this time, and we kind of just walked right in. Or teleported in my case. I tighten my ponytail, and sigh.
"I suppose we could stop," I remove the wraps around my hands. I rub my knuckles, "still sore."
"Can't believe you fell for that," Barry grins.
I raise an eyebrow, "fell for wh-- Ah, Barry!" I yelp, then it turns into laughter as Barry picks me up off the ground. "You cheated! I wasn't ready!"

Barry swings me around in his arms, then gives me a quick kiss. "Well, I can't win against you in a sparring match. What were you raised by ninjas?" He places me on the floor again.
I smile, with my hands placed on his neck, "I was taught by someone who knows 127 forms of martial arts. But something like that." I grab a towel and throw it at him.
"Who's that?" Barry blots his face.
"A friend of Superman's, or so he says. He said he wouldn't go easy on me when we started practice, but I think he did anyway. I almost beat him a few times...Never really did."
"Who'd want to hit you?"
I pause, "a whole lot of crazy people. But then, I'd just--" I zap the air with electricity, "--you know what I mean."

"Totally get that," Barry said, then he reaches for his phone in his jacket. "That's Joe. I gotta go, and you know, CSI stuff."
"Go get 'em, Flash," I beam.
"Thanks Strike, love you." In a blur he's gone out the door.
I cannot take the smile off my face. My fiancé is pretty cool. A little jumpy since he got out of The Speed Force, but he'll be fine.

ϟ ϟ ϟ

I teleport into STAR Labs, and drop my bag on the ground next to the desk.
"How's everyone's day going?"
Cisco jumps a little in his seat, "good. You scared me, but good."
Caitlin grins, "someone's got some pep in their step."
I shrug, "Its been a day or two since Barry proposed, but no biggie."
"No biggie?" Caitlin asks. "You should be the happiest woman alive right now. You're getting married."
"I don't want a huge wedding, maybe one by the ocean. I've always been obsessed with it."
Cisco tries not to laugh and fails, "okay Moana."

"So what's up?" I look over at the screen in front of him.
"This weird encryption thing from the crime scene that Barry went to."
"Its DNA," Caitlin reminds him.
"Sorry," Cisco mutters.
"Wait, I thought it was a hacker," I furrow my eyebrows.
"I thought so too, but then Caitlin told me otherwise. "
Then a woman enters The Cortex; that woman is Gypsy. "Are you done yet?"
"I promise, I'll be done soon," Cisco says.
"Okay, I'll be back." Gypsy exits.
I turn back to Cisco, "that was a Terminator line."
Cisco grins, "I know, she's awesome."

Caitlin clears her throat, "better get to work before she gets mad."
"That guy that Barry and I saved earlier, the guy in the car. How's he holding up?"
"Joe's questioning him as we speak," she informs me.
I glance down at my phone, "okay, I gotta take this call."
"You go right ahead," Cisco said. "I meant that in a nice way."
Holding the device to my ear, I give him a look, "you didn't have to tell me something I already know."
"Right."
"Hi Izzie," I walk to the other side of the room by the manikins.
The redhead's voice comes from the other line, "how's everything?"
"Yeah, everything's great. Why?" I glance over at my friends.
"Nothing. I just thought you should know, your friend Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow. Its all over Star City news."
"Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow? First I'm hearing of it, " I lie. "I doubt that's him though, probably photoshopped."

"Anyway," my best friend continues. "Sanjay and the others at holding the fort for you when you get back to Attin. Sanjay said he had new tech to try out on your suit."
"Not going into my suit, right?" I question.
"No. He thinks that a lot of stuff could go wrong with too much technology."
"He's smart," I turn around to see Barry come in. "Uh, I have to go. I'll talk to you later, Iz."
"Okay, ttyl." Izzie hangs up.
Barry walks up to me, "who was that?"
"Izzie Daleston. You met her before," I remind him.
"The one that made your suit, and what about the other guy?"
"Which guy? Oh, Sanjay? Acquaintances with Vibe, but he works the computers, and he's one heck of a scientist. He was, um, kind of what responsible for my superpowers."
"I thought that was the Particle Accelerator," Cisco asks.
"Nope, it was Saturn Labs' energy and radiation tanks combusting, and DNA altering viles for lab rats."