Chapter 7 - Villain Kids

I stood there in silence at the scene before me.
The crying Evie had opened the door to go to class and come across a big group of Auradon students listening at the door; Jane was crying, Jay was trying (But failing) to be strong. Carlos just stood there, his face reddened like it always does when he's about to cry and Lonnie was weeping into Elliot's shoulder while he stroked her hair. Audrey just stared at the Ben-and-Evie moment before her eyes welled up in tears too.
Then there was Chad, who was dancing around the hallways, laughing and singing about my death.
Evie gave him a murderous look and he shut up.

But I can't bear to see all of my friends like this, it's killing me. Especially now they think I'm dead.
I pushed past all of them and made a beeline for the toilets, locking myself in one of the stalls and crying my eyes out. They all think I'm dead.
I'm not dead. What I wouldn't give to tell them the truth right now, but I can't put them in danger like that. It wouldn't be fair.

"Holly?" I heard Jane's voice call and abruptly stopped my sobbing.
"Holly, I know you're in here. Why did you run off?" I slowly unlocked the stall door and came out; as soon as Jane saw my tearstained face, she wrapped me in a big hug (which is hard to do when you're as short as Jane.)
"Oh Holly, why are you crying?" She whispered and I wiped my eyes with my sleeves.
"I'm sorry Jane, I can't tell you that."
She nodded.
"Okay. You don't have to talk about it, I won't make you but please come back. Everyone's worried."
I nodded and followed her out of the bathroom.

When we got back, everyone was sitting on the two beds and they looked up, I saw 7 worried faces staring up at me.
"Holly!" Shouted Evie, making me flinch and she hugged me.
Hug #2.
"Are you okay?" Asked Audrey. Wow, when did she get so caring?
"Yeah, I'm fine..." I muttered and Evie let go of me.
On the floor in the middle of the room, I could see a book with a leather cover, much like my spell book but it wasn't. Instead, Evie had gotten out that old picture album of all our old pictures.
It was open on the page where the picture from just after the coronation when we were all huddled together, still in coronation getup but they were sweet pictures.

"That's Mal," said Carlos, noticing where my eyes were fixed. I looked at him, my mouth still shut.
"She was a good person, she left to try and find Maleficent."
I think I already know my own backstory but thanks, Carlos.
"Attention All!" Shouted a loudspeaker in the corridor and our heads snapped towards the sound.
"Can I please have King Ben, Jay, Carlos, Evie and Holly at the front gates to welcome the new Students!" Said the digital voice of Fairy Godmother.
Jay looked up, sighed then stood.
"We should probably go then. See you guys in a bit," he kissed Audrey on the cheek then opened the door, holding it open for the rest of us.

Before long, the 5 of us were standing right outside the school, before King Beast's statue, just where Ben and Audrey first met us all those years ago.
A long black limosine pulled up and Fairy Godmother began to wave, showing her signature smile. The rest of us just stood There, Jay had his hands in his pockets, Evie's were on her hips, Carlos' were behind his back, Ben's were being held in front of him in a very princely way. My arms were crossed in a very Mal-ish way; and Evie looks like she's noticed by the way she's eyeing my arms. Oops.

The driver got out and opened the limo door to let three rather familiar children out.
The first had short cropped brown hair, a pair of red jeans, there were silver chains everywhere and he had a black leather jacket highlighted with red. Quentin Hearts, son of the Queen of Hearts. Fantastic. This kid always had a creepy obsession with me, he'll be all over me when he sees how much like... myself, I am. He was widely regarded as the hottest on the Isle and it was considered a privelage to be with him. But he's still a creep, so no thanks.
The second was another boy, pitch black hair and cold brown eyes. Maroon shirt with Navy jeans and a single gold chain around his neck.
Michael Gothel. Son of Mother Gothel.
He's one of Quentin's goons - You wouldn't expect it but he's no brains and all brawn.
Then came Lydia Tremaine, daughter of Lady Tremaine. Her blonde hair was plaitted down her back as she brushed herself down. The only person on that limo who wasn't a complete idiot. Sorry driver.

"Well hey there Beautiful," Quentin approached me and grabbed my hand, gently pressing his lips to it. I pulled away, laughing uneasily. I still haven't gotten over his creepy stalking back on the Isle.
"Back off Quentin," growled Jay. He's had practise fending off this bird brain from day one.
"Hey Jay, chill. I'm Quentin, pretty girl."
I raised my eyebrows and Quentin laughed.
"Ah, I like my girls with some spice."
Did I mention this guy makes me sick?

Anyway, introductions were said, names were exchanged and creep kept his eyes trained on me the whole time.
I watched as Lydia pulled Quentin (and his gross drool) away from us and began to whisper in his ear as the rest of us headed back into the castle.
Yeah, I don't usually care but I listened in on their little conversation anyway; I had a gut feeling that it concerned me anyway.
"Q, we need to get Holly on board."
"Why? Not that I mind..."
"You just have to make this weird, don't You?"
"I don't think it's weird. And I'm sure she won't either." I could see him flexing out of the corner of my eye.
Lydia just sighed, "She's close to a lot of the important people here, Mal's friends and King Ben."
"Ah, she'll fall for me. They all do."
"Except Mal," replied Lydia and I smirked.
"No, I know she was secretly lovesick over me," I stuck my tongue out, just the thought of being with Quentin made me sick.
"Ah, I don't mind at all..."
"Has someone got a crush?"
"Shut up Lydia."
They began walking my way and I used my invisibility charm to make sure they don't see that I hung back to listen to their conversation. They strode past me and joined Ben who was waiting for them at the gates along with Michael.

I rushed up to my room, forgetting I was still invisible, to record exactly what I just heard. Because from what I have just heard, I would bet that any intentions they have are most certainly not good.
In fact, I would bet my favourite boots that they've been in contact with my mother.
I rushed in, then slammed the door behind me, pushing my back into the door to make sure no-one could follow me in. This resulted in a very freaked out Evie staring at the door from her sewing machine.

"Hello?" She whispered.
"Evie..." I said and her eyes widened.
"Holly? Where are you?"
Oh right, I'm still invisible.
I pressed my thumb to the invisibility charm and became visible again, Evie's eyes widened even more. They'll roll out of her head soon.
"How did you do that ? Do you have magic?" She asked me and, although I do, she can't know that so I shook my head.
"No..." I muttered, out of breath. I haven't run this far in a while.
I sat down on my bed and a very agitated Chelsea came and sat on my lap. She has been cooped up in this room for the last two days until she gets used to our new home, so she's not happy.
"How did you do that?"
I showed her my necklace and her mouth dropped open.
"Magic charms..." she whispered.
"The magic of voice, appearance, Invisibility and Speed all rolled up in one magic item."
I nodded.
"My father gave it to me," I said. It's true in the sense that my father did give it to me, just it wasn't old Hooky.

"I know who that belongs too..." she snapped her fingers as if trying to revive an old memory but then she shook her head.
"I can't remeber, but I've definatley seen that before."
"Yeah?" I sat down at my desk and grabbed a spare notebook, recording absolutely everything I could remember from the conversation between the two new VKs.
"What are you doing?" Asked Evie and I jumped, then sighed.
"Well, I guess I have to let you in on my secret if we're going to be sharing a room.
I sighed as I rushed around the room, putting a chair up against the door, bolting the open window shut and closing all the curtains.
"Right, you need to promise me that whatever I do or say won't come out of this room, please."
"Wha..."
"Just promise," she paused then slowly nodded, I took a deep breath.
It was time to tell my best friend.

Question of the Chapter!
How do you think Evie will react to being told Holly's secret?

Comment Below!