Chapter 15 - The End

"Don't...Touch...Him," I hissed, fighting for control over my Dragon side.
She just stared at me, then her gaze hardened.
She switched back to human form.
"What are you?"
I snapped the ropes around me, using one of Evie's arrows. Don't even ask how I managed to touch the charm when my arms were tied with self-tightening ropes, but it happened.
"Your daughter," I replied smirking, then I transformed into a dragon myself.

I've never been a dragon before.
It's rather strange. Learning how to harness this newfound power could be very useful, but right now I have no time to ponder over the future.
I might not even have a future if I don't win this battle.
So all concentration was on my opponent.

My mother had already transformed so we were two dragons in the sky, circling each other, waiting for the other to make the first move.
"Mal..." I heard Ben mutter. Dragons must have super hearing or something.
"Yep," replied Evie.
He looked at her.
"You don't seem surprised," said Carlos and I heard Evie snort.
"Because I knew."
"You knew? And you didn't tell me?
I love her!"
"She didn't want anyone else to know, you could be gotten hurt if Maleficent found out."

My mother spat a column of fire at me and I looped over it gracefully, then shot one at her. She dipped, then came back up again.
Our abilities were pretty much matched, we flew around, fighting like this for ages until we were both knackered.
I gave up with the flames and straight-up charged, head first, towards her weak spot, a bare patch where her scales cracked, on her stomach.
Claws extended, I reached for the crack but she charged at me at the same time.
We ended up doing something similar to hugging, but you know, as dragons who hate each other, plummeting towards the ground.
We kept flipping over, first I was on the bottom, then her, then me, then her.
Then we hit the ground.

Once all the dust had cleared, there was absolutely no crater, just the two of us, standing on the grass.
She was back in Mal form, dark purple hair and Isle-style clothes.
Then I looked down, and realised that I was wearing the exact same thing, with the exact same clothes.
We looked like identical twins.
"Mal-!" Ben, Evie, Carlos and Jay came running round the corner only to cut themselves off when they saw me and my doppelganger.
"Which one of you is the real Mal?" Asked Carlos.
"I am!" Me and my mother said simulataniously and I glared at her. Then realisation crossed my face.
She knew she would loose.
She planned this all.

"Okay, that was a stupid question..." he said to himself.
"Each of you take turns to prove that you are the real Mal by saying something only the real Mal would know," said Jay. Wow, Jay finally said something smart.
"Evie's full name is Evelyn, Jay's is Jayden and Ben's is Benjamin," said my mother and I rolled my eyes. Everyone knows that.
All my friends began to inch towards her until I said, "Jane wears contacts," then they just stood there, confused.

"Say something more precise," said Ben carefully.
But before I could answer, my mother replied. "Harry Hook was my first boyfriend, even though we weren't allowed to date on the Isle."
Seriously? She forced that out of me ages ago, then made me break up with him.

Everyone made a protective wall around my mother and stared me down.
"Ben, move," I growled but he stood his ground.
"No, I'm not letting you hurt her again."
"Ben, seriously, move! I don't want to hurt any of you."
"I said No! You are not getting anywhere near her!" He reached back and grasped Maleficent's hand, then it came to me.

"Carlos, Evie, Jay and I poked a hole in the barrier, when we were younger to get better TV channels!" They all gasped and turned on 'Mal', it was settled. I was me and she was Maleficent.
"Duck!" I yelled as she launched a fireball directly at Ben's head and o managed to land a sleeping spell on her.
I can't believe it! I never manage to beat her!
Yet here I am, victorious over my mother.

"I can't believe I finally beat her," I said, watching her being dragged away by a pair of Auradon guards, to finally be locked away. I hope they put her on the Isle of Doom.
(Is that what it's called? I've never read the novels, sorry 😶.)
"Well you did, and now we're safe from her," Ben said softly and I smiled at him.
"Yup, it's been nice to be back, but it sucks that I couldn't have told any of you who I actually was."
"Yeah, and we need to talk about that. I mean, I thought you were dead! We all thought you were dead! How could you let me feel like that?"
"Well, I couldn't exactly tell you, could I? What if my mother found out that you knew I wasn't dead, have you ever considered what she might do to you? I couldn't let any of you get hurt."
Ben hugged me, and I hugged him back, before long Evie, Jay and Carlos decided they wanted summa this love, so they joined in.
Then my other 4 friends appeared, obviously to check the result of the battle. I have no idea what happened to Danny, he completely dissapeared. I'm also surprised that Ben hasn't blown up on me about the Harry Hook situation. Oh well, I'm not complaining.

Their faces were the pure image of shocked. The 5 of us that were hugging broke apart and looked at them.
"Wha..." said Jane.
"Er...?" Said Audrey.
"Um..." said Lonnie.
"Mal's back from the dead. She's going to eat our brains, AHHHH!" Said Doug.
Not really, but that would've been hilarious.
"How is Mal here?" Said Doug.
Everyone was silent, waiting for me to respond, I expect but, who can be bothered? I'm suddenly super lazy.
"Mal? Want to say something?" Asked Ben.
"I want a cheeseburger," I said and Ben rolled his eyes.
"Yep, that's Mal," stated Audrey.
They huddled in too, and we ended up like a massive wad of chewing gum - inseperable.

Later, I was in my bed, sleeping of course (Why else would I be in bed?), when I had something rare, a vision.
My last one was before we even came to Auradon, it was about Ben.
Now I've had another, of another from my - from all of our - pasts.
"Keep your Beast Boy on a tight lead, Daughter of Maleficent. He won't stay safe forever."
Oh god.

Wait, you didn't think that was the end of the story, did you?

End of Chapter!
Ahhh! Finally done! Thinking of doing a sequel, but going to do something else in the meantime.
Maybe a Descendants Truth or Dare book that is as unique as I can make it.
Then, when it's finished, the sequel will be on its way!

- Cloud