Chapter 14 - ...For the Crown

I watched the enemies before Me, studying their every move and the easiest way to take them out.
Meanwhile, everyone stared at my shield like it was from a different planet.
"What?" I hissed.
"Where did the shield come from?"
"That doesn't matter, Just go get help!"
Everyone ran off, except for Evie, Carlos and Jay. Ben is still on the floor, at the mercy of the tip of Fairy Godmother's magic wand.
Elliot saw me eyeing him, and grabbed him by the throat.
"Let us leave, or say goodbye to your king," he said coldly and I just grinned at me.
"You don't get what you want if you don't say please!" I taunted then Jay's dagger launched from my hand and towards Elliot's face. He released Ben, then rolled under the knife.
He growled at me and I glared, recognizing the harsh sound. He used to do it all the time, on the Isle.
"Who are you really?" I asked him and he smirked.
"What makes you think that I'm going to tell you that?"
And he runs at me.

I thrust my shield at Carlos, who barely manages to hold onto it and stares at the little emblem in the center of the shield in surprise. Meanwhile, I run, Elliot, or should I say Danny, was right on my tail.
How did I not see it before?
Diablo and his son were always hanging around the castle.

While our parents were being rounded up and dumped on the Isle of the Lost, my mother, Maleficent, performed her last spell in a hurry.
It was supposed to make Diablo a human with wings, so he could fly her away before the barrier was put up.
That was the only time that one of my mother's spells didn't go as planned.
Instead, Diablo transformed into a perfectly ordinary, wing-less, human being. He had a son, Danny, who was gifted to me as a personal servant on my 16th birthday. He was always one of my greatest friends. Now, he's working with my mother to destroy the only people I care about.

"Who are You?!" I shouted.
"Wouldn't you like to know!"
"Why are you doing this, Danny?"
He stopped chasing me.
"How do you-?"
"Why are you working for the one who killed your mistress - no, your friend?"
He looked at me sadly as I turned around, staring him in the eye.
"When she died, my father decided it was suitable for me to return to working for Maleficent."
I gasped.

"Hey, it's okay," I whispered as we hugged. When did we start, no idea. But we did, because I found that my arms were wrapped around him and his were wrapped around me.
"Danny, you don't want to be killing me."
"Why not?"
"Because, then you'd be disobeying your mistress."
"No, I'd be disobeying her if I didn't kill you," he said sadly and I put my finger under his chin, and raises his head slowly.
"No you wouldn't, because I'm ordering you not too."
He looked at me, confused until I flashed my eyes green.
He looked shocked, until his open mouth curved into a grin.
"Mistress..." He murmured and I laughed.
"How many times do I have to tell you to call me Mal, Danny?"
"At least one more," he replied and I grinned.

We discussed a plan, to get rid of my other once and for all.
Danny had returned his appearance back to what he originally looked like; his jet black hair was gelled back and his golden eyes sparkled.
We had discussed that the only way to get rid of her was to shock her enough that she wouldn't be able to properly react. The only way we even have a chance.

"I should probably keep up my disguise for as long as possible, she most likely will use her full strength on me when she discovers who I truly am, whole I have a chance of her not using her strongest magic as Holly.
He nodded.
"We should do it now," I glanced back towards the place where my friends were probably having a face-off against my mother.
"Yeah," he changed his appearance back and I layed on the floor, he scooped me up and began to carry me back towards the scene of the fight.
I was watching it all unfold, squinting to make it seem like my eyes were closed.

Ben was still on the floor, my three friends were circling my mother, distracting her to allow Ben to move. But he refused, stuck in place.
They all continued to spar, Carlos jabbed at her weaker spots, Jay was trying to get the sceptre away from her and there was Evie, shining light from her mirror in Maleficent's eyes. Hm, she told me that she donated her magic mirror to the museum. Naughty, E.

The 5 of them froze when they saw Danny/Elliot with me, lying 'dead' in his arms.
Maleficent's mouth curved into a cruel smile and the others just stared, horrified.
"The traitor is dead, good boy Danny."
"Yes Mistress," said Danny, his voice dripping with feigned sadness.
"Danny..." gasped Evie. "How could you? She killed your mistress!" I've never seen Evie get so angry.
"She is my mistress now, Evie. I have to obey her."
He put me down on the ground and I saw him return to my mother's side before I forced my eyes to close completely.
I could feel warm breath on my cheek, "Excellent," whispered my mother, who was towering over my 'carcass'. She walked away and I heard my friends rush to my side.

"Holly!" Yelled Jay.
"Holly, come on, wake up," whispered Evie while Carlos shook my shoulders.
I felt pressure on my chest, someone was trying to give me CPR, but obviously failing, since I'm not dead.
Eventually, they stopped.
"She's gone," whispered Jay.
I felt someone grasp my hand and then there was a slight pressure on my lips.
Someone sighed.
"It's not working Ben, she's not waking up."
"Yes she WILL!" Yelled Ben.
"Ben," said Evie. "Stop."
"Are you done?" Asked Maleficent in a bored tone.
"You did This!" Shouted Ben and my mother chuckled.
"Yes I did, thanks for the credit. Now, be a good dog and step away from the girl."
They stayed by my side, but eventually obeyed and Melficent came to stand over my body.
"Now-" she began but was cut off by the dagger in her leg.

"Ah!" She screamed and yanked the dagger from her flesh. I could see that she was considerably weakened, so I scrambled to my feet, unattached my sword, the Ben one, and pointed it at her.
She looked at me, a murderous glint in her eyes, and threw a green fireball my way. Thankfully, I managed to dodge it but it was hurtling towards my friends at lightning speed.
I grabbed Carlos' shield, which lay discarded at the side, and threw it like a giant metal frisbee to Jay, who caught it and used it to deflect the projectile.
And to think that I didn't even realise it was fireproof.

"Leave them alone!" I shouted to her.
"This is between you and me!"
"Is it now?" She gave her signature insane laugh and shot spell after spell at me, I was actually doing quite well at dodging them. I didn't expect me to be as flexible as I am, I can even swim now.
I slashed at her with my blade whenever possible, she shot another fireball and the tip of my sword caught alight once more. I think that's when she recognized it.
The flames illuminated the Beast emblem on the hilt, Ben saw it and gasped.
"Why is our symbol in her sword?" I heard him ask Evie.
"... Tell you later, we should help get rid of Melficent right now."

We fought like this for a long time, until my sword caught her arm, she hissed and her eyes began to glow green.
"Enough!" She screamed and shot a spell at me, binding me to the wall of the castle with a rope that not even my sword could break. She twisted my wrist and the sword flattered from my grip.
"Finally. I can kill you for real," she spat in my face and I glared into her eyes. I felt the pressure of her glare slowly cracking me, but then I watched as Ben carefully lifted the sword and prepared himself to stab her, right through the heart. He pushed it forward but she turned around at the speed of light and caught the tip of the blade between her index finger and thumb.
"Naughty King," she tutted. "Maybe I'll finish you before the little traitor, then she can watch you die!"
She cackled and transformed into her Dragon form.

She opened her mouth, preparing to roast him, but then I caught her eye.
"Holly, eyes," hissed Evie but I didn't care. I knew my eyes were glowing, more forcefully than ever before, but she tried to hurt Ben.
This woman, is dead.